New Assistant | Syracusefan.com

New Assistant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Former head coach, preferably a well experienced one, who can help with Xs and Os, in game coaching, managing egos/personalities and stuff like that. Not worried about recruiting, personally.
But pretty sure Hop is not coming back.

Who do we want?

For me, I want heavy connections with agents/northeast aau programs and new england prep scene (which has been lacking bigtime since Hop left) . Digging thru names now
Find a young offensive innovator like Luke Murray. You can read about the wonders he’s done for UConn’s program below. Offensive innovation is how Red will get the program back on top.

Find a young offensive innovator like Luke Murray. You can read about the wonders he’s done for UConn’s program below. Offensive innovation is how Red will get the program back on top.
I'm total opposite of this. Our offense was good enough. I want a defensive, man to man guru type of coach. That is how we get back.

I'm total opposite of this. Our offense was good enough. I want a defensive, man to man guru type of coach. That is how we get back.
Against good teams our offense was not good enough, either. Too much stagnation.

The dome glows white on the hill tonight
not a 'cuse fan to be seen
an offense of isolation
and it looks like red's the queen

Read that article from Fox Sports and I think it will change your mind. It’s long but I promise you it’s beyond worth a read. We need high level talent, but that won’t be enough to get Syracuse back to winning championships. Hurley was a tough-minded, blue-collar, defense-wins-championships coach, but once he embraced offensive innovation and threading that through all aspects of his program, that’s when they took the next step into the juggernaut they’ve become. I’m convinced. Red needs a smart offensive mind around him. Hopefully that person will also have great recruiting connections.

I would also assume this was expected after Red was named HC. Great for GMAC. Red needs an experienced guy who can recruit. Needs to happen ASAP with portal as want to keep current players (we want) and get new players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom