New CFB rankings | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New CFB rankings

I think OSU drops too. Not only won't they have a Conference Championship...they didn't win their own division.

Herbstreit had the most ridiculous argument on the show when comparing Ohio St to another team.

When making his argument he said "Ohio State has 15 draft picks on its roster"...as if that in of itself is a reason why Ohio St deserved a higher seed.

I mean, if on the field results don't mattter, let's not play the games and put the four teams with the most 5-star recruits in the playoff

I know they didn't win their division, but their resume is unbelievable. They have three truly elite wins (Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Michigan), two of which were on the road. And their lone loss to PSU was very flukey on a blocked FG for a TD.

But I agree, what Kirk is saying there is irrelevant.

I think you're being too cynical. The committee has done a perfectly reasonable job picking the best four teams the past two years. Taking Ohio State over TCU was supposedly controversial in 2014 but then they went and won the whole thing.

It's not cynical and the reason they took Ohio St over TCU proves my point exactly. Ohio St is a bigger draw, brings bigger ratings. The actual on the field play didn't matter. The records didn't matter.

Once the Final Four is set they could care less who wins the thing. It's about getting 4 big TV draws if possible and doing whatever they can to ensure that.

ill give you 2 conspiracy theories.

1: to keep tOSU on the 2-3 line, for a hopefull match up with bama in the Championship

2. if everybody holds serve, ie: Clemson and Wash win, then they both jump tOSU...and Bama-buckeyes is the much needed ratings grabber on New Years to help compensate for the stupid arse Rose Bowl refusing to move its game or have a semi up against it.

personally, I just love that again the bevo is irrelevant.

I'm no fan of the Big 10, but who are you going to put ahead of those teams?

Ohio State beat Oklahoma
Michigan beat Colorado
Wisconsin beat LSU
Penn State beat no one OOC, I get that, but did beat Ohio State and is going to their championship game.

What magical teams would you put ahead of them? Oklahoma? Who played 2 tough OOC games and lost both of them. Oklahoma State? Yes it was BS, but they lost to CMU. Should that game even have been that close? Teams with 3 losses?

If Clemson and Washington do what they're favored to do this weekend, the B1G is only getting 1 team in. The teams ranked 5 and up won't matter.

I'm no fan of the Big 10, but who are you going to put ahead of those teams?

Ohio State beat Oklahoma
Michigan beat Colorado
Wisconsin beat LSU
Penn State beat no one OOC, I get that, but did beat Ohio State and is going to their championship game.

What magical teams would you put ahead of them? Oklahoma? Who played 2 tough OOC games and lost both of them. Oklahoma State? Yes it was BS, but they lost to CMU. Should that game even have been that close? Teams with 3 losses?

If Clemson and Washington do what they're favored to do this weekend, the B1G is only getting 1 team in. The teams ranked 5 and up won't matter.
yep, Washington-Colorado is the b1g game of the week.

its the difference between 1 or 2 b1g teams.

yep, Washington-Colorado is the b1g game of the week.

its the difference between 1 or 2 b1g teams.
If head to head doesn't matter between Ohio State-Penn State then head to head shouldn't matter between Colorado-Michigan.

Colorado winning the Pac-12 should jump Michigan. Michigan won 1 game outside of the state of Michigan and they didn't even get dinged for losing @ Iowa.

I think only Wisconsin-Penn State winner should be the 2nd Big Ten team considered and that is if Clemson loses.

If head to head doesn't matter between Ohio State-Penn State then head to head shouldn't matter between Colorado-Michigan.

Colorado winning the Pac-12 should jump Michigan. Michigan won 1 game outside of the state of Michigan and they didn't even get dinged for losing @ Iowa.

I think only Wisconsin-Penn State winner should be the 2nd Big Ten team considered and that is if Clemson loses.
it will be interesting for sure if wash loses.

is 6 over 7 or vice versa better than 8 over 4 with an idle 5??

Clemson wont lose.

they were caught napping by a sneaky good pitt team and that wont happen again.

it will be interesting for sure if wash loses.

is 6 over 7 or vice versa better than 8 over 4 with an idle 5??

Clemson wont lose.

they were caught napping by a sneaky good pitt team and that wont happen again.

It would be pretty funny if Penn State and Wisconsin play in the B1G Championship game, while Ohio State and Michigan go to the playoffs. Even the B1G loyalists will be so conflicted.

It's almost worth rooting for Colorado just to see it happen.

It would be pretty funny if Penn State and Wisconsin play in the B1G Championship game, while Ohio State and Michigan go to the playoffs. Even the B1G loyalists will be so conflicted.

It's almost worth rooting for Colorado just to see it happen.
the best scenario for a great party is to be the loser of ped st-wisky.

'well, we're out. great year...lets go get drunk and wake up at 3 for the hour of power in the NFL and then the 4pm game'.

the winner, Michigan, even tOSU wondering if they get dropped to the 4 seed and bama...will be spending a nervous Saturday night/Sunday morning.

and all of them will likely be hungover anyway...then 2 get kicked in the balls.

listen, I get why its better to be the other 3, im just sayin...

'well, we're out. great year...lets go get drunk and wake up at 3 for the hour of power in the NFL and then the 4pm game'.

the winner, Michigan, even tOSU wondering if they get dropped to the 4 seed and bama...will be spending a nervous Saturday night/Sunday morning.

and all of them will likely be hungover anyway...then 2 get kicked in the balls.

It's why one would choose the ummm, less desirable girl at midnight, instead of waiting for the ummm, more desirable girl to make her decision at 2 am.

Just accept it, and get on with it.

ill give you 2 conspiracy theories.

1: to keep tOSU on the 2-3 line, for a hopefull match up with bama in the Championship

2. if everybody holds serve, ie: Clemson and Wash win, then they both jump tOSU...and Bama-buckeyes is the much needed ratings grabber on New Years to help compensate for the stupid arse Rose Bowl refusing to move its game or have a semi up against it.

personally, I just love that again the bevo is irrelevant.

I don't think that is a conspiracy theory, they are the two best teams, they shouldn't meet until the title game.

I don't think Osu has anything to be worried about, they are in.

Ohio State should be atleast 3rd if CLemson wins. Clemson has beaten 10 bowl teams if they win on Saturday.
They will have a conference title, challenged themselves in the non conference.

Washington will be 4th because of their dreadful nonconference schedule and their schedule not being as hard.
If Washington loses reward Colorado as 2 non-champion Big Ten teams shouldn't get in.

Michigan played 8 home games. They lost 2 road games and beat Michigan State/Rutgers on the road. rewarding that schedule.

The problem for the committee is that Michigan beat Penn State, Wisconsin, and Colorado. It will be hard to place any of them ahead of Michigan. I would like to see them reward conference champions. If Clemson loses, they could easily be out of the final four. If Clemson and Washington win, I think you'll see the same 4 ranked schools next week.

The problem for the committee is that Michigan beat Penn State, Wisconsin, and Colorado. It will be hard to place any of them ahead of Michigan. I would like to see them reward conference champions. If Clemson loses, they could easily be out of the final four. If Clemson and Washington win, I think you'll see the same 4 ranked schools next week.
Homefield Advantage means a lot in football. Michigan won all those games at home. Michigan didn't get dropped after they lost at Iowa.

Michigan beat Colorado but Pennsylvania State beat Ohio State. Head to head isn't the end all be all. It is one metric. Where the game is played is huge in that analysis IMO.
Michigan should only get in if Clemson loses. The Pennsylvania State-Wisconsin winner has a good chance to jump Michigan because of the conference title.
I can see Ohio State getting in without the conference title because they are the de facto Big XII champion by winning AT Oklahoma in September. Michigan played 9 games in the state of Michigan and lost 2 of the 3 games outside of Michigan that has to hurt them.