New Clemson Athletic Facility | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

New Clemson Athletic Facility

All that being said why did you send your kid to SU then?

Maryland is doing their indoor facility now,,,and yet somehow their lockers beat the heck outta the Texas lockers last week.

My point is at some level it's diminishing returns.
Would be nice to sniff the point where there are diminishing returns.

Wood grain of lockers might be one. Bricks on a practice facility might be another.
How about real wood and not laminated plywood for starters. Maybe they chose that because it holds up better in that environment but if that was the case, why not go with something that is really permanent like stainless, or some other product.

How about real wood and not laminated plywood for starters. Maybe they chose that because it holds up better in that environment but if that was the case, why not go with something that is really permanent like stainless, or some other product.

If they are the same lockers as the ones in Manley, which is what I read, it's real wood.

You could have the friggin Oak Room to change in, doesn't fix yesterday's simple mistakes.

If they are the same lockers as the ones in Manley, which is what I read, it's real wood.

You could have the friggin Oak Room to change in, doesn't fix yesterday's simple mistakes.
Sorry, that is not real wood, that is a veneer over plywood or pressboard. Stained real wood does not look like that.

1017496_477249009034125_312747974_n.jpg

Sorry, that is not real wood, that is a veneer over plywood or pressboard. Stained real wood does not look like that.

We were inside the 10 3x yesterday and walked away with 3 points, yet it's the woodgrain where a guy hangs his shirt is the problem.

I'll tell you what, just take a tour of the place and see for yourself.

Looks to me like a standard, manufactured locker set up. There isn't any need for hand finished woodwork. We are talking about lockers...not fine antique furniture.

Looks to me like a standard, manufactured locker set up. There isn't any need for hand finished woodwork. We are talking about lockers...not fine antique furniture.
Fine antique furniture that only gets used on game days.

That's not the point. No one is saying they should be hand rubbed finish. When kids come on and are trying to decide between a few schools going the extra mile sometimes is what makes or breaks a commitment. Everyone keeps saying we don't have the talent hear we'll look no further then what the university is showing as their commitment to the programs. When I see a comment that says women's lax has the best locker rooms I have to wonder why that is. I don't see 30k showing up for them.

That's not the point. No one is saying they should be hand rubbed finish. When kids come on and are trying to decide between a few schools going the extra mile sometimes is what makes or breaks a commitment. Everyone keeps saying we don't have the talent hear we'll look no further then what the university is showing as their commitment to the programs. When I see a comment that says women's lax has the best locker rooms I have to wonder why that is. I don't see 30k showing up for them.
Nailed it.

If you don't think the coaches are getting the talent then you aren't paying much attention to recruiting.
And there are other areas that I would prefer upgrades besides a locker room and it's where it would have more of an effect on the health of all our student athletes. Hire a nutritionist and utilize the existing nutrition program at SU.

If you don't think the coaches are getting the talent then you aren't paying much attention to recruiting.
And there are other areas that I would prefer upgrades besides a locker room and it's where it would have more of an effect on the health of all our student athletes. Hire a nutritionist and utilize the existing nutrition program at SU.
I think this class of it stays together will be one of the best we have had.

Gary Gait gets on the phone and raises money.

And as far as the ladies go last I looked they made it to the NCAA final four the last two years. In fact a lot can be said for many of the Olympic Sports teams winning the ACC or making it to final fours in their sports but they still get to ride the bus. Don't you think that these kids that represent their school deserve things also?

And as far as the ladies go last I looked they made it to the NCAA final four the last two years. In fact a lot can be said for many of the Olympic Sports teams winning the ACC or making it to final fours in their sports but they still get to ride the bus. Don't you think that these kids that represent their school deserve things also?
That's not what I meant and yes they should all have nice things but the basketball and football teams are what is bringing in the money

For the 18th time, the locker room the players mainly use is at Manley Field House, not the Dome.

Then we need 2 nice ones, if the athletic department decided to have two, then have two ACC quality locker rooms, again this is used year round by not only the football team but other Syracuse sports. It won't go to waste having another nice locker room.

If we want to run with the big dogs lets act like it, otherwise lets drop out of the ACC and compete with the SUNY schools...

Then we need 2 nice ones, if the athletic department decided to have two, then have two ACC quality locker rooms, again this is used year round by not only the football team but other Syracuse sports. It won't go to waste having another nice locker room.

If we want to run with the big dogs lets act like it, otherwise lets drop out of the ACC and compete with the SUNY schools...
Exactly.

That's not what I meant and yes they should all have nice things but the basketball and football teams are what is bringing in the money
From what I remember reading, the women's lax team raised the money themselves to fund a very recent renovation, and as CL said they've been consistently great. As for wood lockers, I don't know if I've ever seen anything but a veneer finish on ANY project I've been a part of. That said, go look into maple ply or apple ply and tell me it's cheap. It's an intentional aesthetic. The issue isn't necessarily cheap or not, it's whether or not specifically you like it, like somehow that matters.

From what I remember reading, the women's lax team raised the money themselves to fund a very recent renovation, and as CL said they've been consistently great. As for wood lockers, I don't know if I've ever seen anything but a veneer finish on ANY project I've been a part of. That said, go look into maple ply or apple ply and tell me it's cheap. It's an intentional aesthetic. The issue isn't necessarily cheap or not, it's whether or not specifically you like it, like somehow that matters.
Again that's not what I was saying. I was referring to everything looking cheap and with not much personality. There isn't anything that says wow. I know exactly what maple ply costs. I just picked up 5 sheets. This is an arms race. We aren't going to keep up with the Clemson and Alabamas of the word but we should with pier schools. If Syracuse uses two locker rooms then make them both nice.

Again that's not what I was saying. I was referring to everything looking cheap and with not much personality. There isn't anything that says wow. I know exactly what maple ply costs. I just picked up 5 sheets. This is an arms race. We aren't going to keep up with the Clemson and Alabamas of the word but we should with pier schools. If Syracuse uses two locker rooms then make them both nice.

It wasn't you but CuseOnly seems to be under the impression that other schools use real wood. NJCuse97 knows of what he speaks about what is used in locker rooms.
And I could look for pics of all the locker rooms of our peer schools in our conference and there isn't much difference between their locker rooms and the SU locker room at Manley.

I'm not sure how many times I have to mention this but Syracuse is absolutely keeping up with peer schools. Go look up Boston College or NC State's locker rooms. This narrative is terrible.

Sorry but that should be a given with any ACC/Power 5 school, again whether its locker room(s), nutritionist, we DONT have the basics at the CUSE to compete at the next level