Class of 2025 - New Commit: Bogue Hahn (MD: McDonough) Midfield (9/22/23) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 New Commit: Bogue Hahn (MD: McDonough) Midfield (9/22/23)

illestcuse

All Conference
Hell yeah! Bogue to ‘Cuse!
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg

There we go.. nice pick up
Yessir! Definitely one of the offensive players I wanted this cycle and glad Gait and Co. were able to get this one. Does anyone know if this is our first McDonogh product ever? Glad we are tapping into schools we haven't tapped into before.

Who's next?!?! I'm not saying any names because I jinx myself every time lol

Yessir! Definitely one of the offensive players I wanted this cycle and glad Gait and Co. were able to get this one.

Who's next?!?! I'm not saying any names because I jinx myself every time lol
Shhhhh..lmao

Yessir! Definitely one of the offensive players I wanted this cycle and glad Gait and Co. were able to get this one. Does anyone know if this is our first McDonogh product ever? Glad we are tapping into schools we haven't tapped into before.

We have not had a recruit from McDonough since I started my spreadsheet in 2014.

Edit: Basil Aburn started at McDonough, but transferred to Boy's Latin.

IL write up.

A smooth operator out of the midfield, Hahn was terrific on Thursday and got started by registering a hat trick before posting two goals in his next game. He’s got a snappy release and is comfortable attacking defenses with either hand, even finishing a BTB with slickness inside on one instance.

Beyond his offensive prowess, Hahn made a habit out of causing turnovers, frequently catching opponents sleeping with trail checks to send the ball the other way.

We have not had a recruit from McDonough since I started my spreadsheet in 2014.

Edit: Basil Aburn started at McDonough, but transferred to Boy's Latin.

Brenny Daly is the last McDonough grad that played for SU. Freshman in 2012. Only one I can think of to be honest.

Nice to get our first ever player from Chaminade and first from McDonough in a long time. Also dispels the notion the only reason we could recruit Baltimore was because of Petro.

Last edited:
Brenny Daly is the last McDonough grad that played for SU. Freshman in 2012. Only one I can think of to be honest.

Nice to get our first every player from Chaminade and first from McDonough in a long time. Also dispels the notion the only reason we could recruit Baltimore was because of Petro.

Good gets, SU getting into McDonough on a player of this caliber is almost unheard of. This is like Maryland pulling a kid out of West Genesee.

Not sure why these aren’t up on YouTube, but I believe this is his most recent highlight film. You can definitely see the shiftiness and the athleticism. Very fast and he seems to go all out on each play. Not the biggest kid but reminds me a bit of Brendan Curry with the way he keeps his head up. More of a East-West dodger, he loves to sweep and definitely loves his roll backs. Lots to be excited for in this one.

Bogue’s father Matt was a 3-time AA at Maryland who graduated in ‘98 as (at the time) their all-time leading scorer. You may recall him scoring the winning goal off a feed from Pittsford’s Andrew Whipple with just over 2 mins left to beat ‘Cuse 18-17 in the ‘97 semis.

Bogue’s uncle (Matt’s younger brother) Jake Byrne was an AA & 2-time champ at Hopkins best known for sending the ‘05 semi vs UVA to OT on a goal with 1 sec left.

Last edited:
Bogue’s father Matt was a 3-time AA at Maryland who graduated in ‘98 as (at the time) their all-time leading scorer. You may recall him scoring the winning goal off a feed from Pittsford’s Andrew Whipple with just over 2 mins left to beat ‘Cuse 18-17 in the ‘97 semis.

Bogue’s uncle (Matt’s younger brother) Jake Byrne was an AA & 2-time champ at Hopkins best known for sending the ‘05 semi vs UVA to OT on a goal with 1 sec left.
Whipple is from and played for Irondequoit. He coaches at Pittsford now.

Lets goooo never a doubt we were going to get someone quality for the offense! March has made some moves in Maryland before. We landed Rhoa and Trujillo from St Johns under the old staff when he was starting as OC so this is not his first rodeo in Maryland. He was a key factor in flipping Hiltz when he first started here, he helped bring in some of the offensive talent in the killer 2022 class, and he sure as hell has not been sitting around twiddling his thumbs for the past two recruiting classes while another certain coach did all the hard stuff.

Do any of the fear-mongers and doubters think that it was a cakewalk to land this kid? Both a five star and our 1st recruit from McDonough with strong family ties to the Terps? This staff is grinding like they always have, like they were to land all the quality commits in the portal before this recruiting season started. Both March and Gait have proven their worth as recruiters already and this is more of the same. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs to wake the hell up.

His dad was a hell of a player that I remember well watching as a kid, he and Whipple were a great duo. Guess I'm a little surprised Maryland didn't get him assuming they were trying but either way looks like great pick up!