New Cornerbacks Coach: Travis Fisher | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New Cornerbacks Coach: Travis Fisher

So we still just one left, correct?

Anae - Beck
White - Long
Monroe - open
Schmidt - Farmer
West - Fisher
As much as I respected former staff (tough to see them go), we've managed to land on our feet every time:

Beck =/> Anae
Long is =/> White
Farmer is =/> Schmidt
Fisher is =/> West

I know we need someone at TE's/Interior receivers. But Monroe's replacement is huge ... given his recruiting chops and success with our safeties and passing defense.

As much as I respected former staff (tough to see them go), we've managed to land on our feet every time:

Beck =/> Anae
Long is =/> White
Farmer is =/> Schmidt
Fisher is =/> West

I know we need someone at TE's/Interior receivers. But Monroe's replacement is huge ... given his recruiting chops and success with our safeties and passing defense.
Recruiting wise I think Fisher is Monroe's replacement.

9 years in the NFL​

D1F1A4EF-A2F5-49E0-96C5-C0DA0DABA4A6.jpeg

Recruiting wise I think Fisher is Monroe's replacement.
All indications are that Fisher will kill it in Florida. He has connections there. He's played in the NFL and had multiple guys drafted. However I haven't seen any reporting that he has Swag's connections in NJ or if he's built recruiting relationships in the DMV.

As far as coaching areas, Fisher will take DB's, including CB's and maybe safeties ? (Monroe's unit). So while Fisher is a great hire, we'll need 2-3 guys to cover Monroe's footprint.

Edit: Shazam. New TE Coach: Nunzio Campanile

Last edited:
Wow, that was some serious thunder and lightning!

I don't care about his track record of recruiting success and putting guys in the NFL...what's really important is what kind of car he drives and if he has a cool twitter nickname. Right?
Oh how quickly the turn tables lol

Hopefully SU announces this hiring soon.
I don’t think Wake has announced thru have hired Chip West either.

Pretty sure these assistant coaches sign one year contracts and both schools are waiting for the old contracts to expire before they confirm the hires.

We have seen this type of thing happen before….

Pretty sure these assistant coaches sign one year contracts and both schools are waiting for the old contracts to expire before they confirm the hires.

As long as it isn't like the DC before White announcement. First he was at SU and then he wasn't. ;)

As long as it isn't like the DC before White announcement. First he was at SU and then he wasn't. ;)
That would be no bueno. It is a bit interesting that Chip is still on the coaching site. Still nothing on Safeties coaching or LB though presumably Rocky takes one of those.

I thought Fisher was let go by Nebraska, wouldn't that free him up Tom?

I thought Fisher was let go by Nebraska, wouldn't that free him up Tom?
Was he let go or was he told his contract would not be renewed?

I think the same thing is going on with Chip West. I think schools wait until the contract expires if a coach is still under contract.

Steve Farmer was hired at Tulsa in January of 2022, so his one year contract was expired when he was hired at Syracuse, so they could announce him right away.

Chip West was hired by Syracuse (at least announced as hired) on February 6th 2020.

Could be wrong. Maybe something else is going on. But I could swear this has happened in the past and eventually we found out it was because the schools involved were waiting for contracts to expire.

Was he let go or was he told his contract would not be renewed?

I think the same thing is going on with Chip West. I think schools wait until the contract expires if a coach is still under contract.

Steve Farmer was hired at Tulsa in January of 2022, so his one year contract was expired when he was hired at Syracuse, so they could announce him right away.

Chip West was hired by Syracuse (at least announced as hired) on February 6th 2020.

Could be wrong. Maybe something else is going on. But I could swear this has happened in the past and eventually we found out it was because the schools involved were waiting for contracts to expire.

What you wrote makes sense.

It's funny how the assistants seem to have to go by different rules than the HC.

It's funny how the assistants seem to have to go by different rules than the HC.

Why is this funny? They are different. One is the head coach, and one is the assistant.

And no one has to go by different rules. Each person goes by the rules laid out in the contract they signed. If you don't like the terms of the contract, don't sign it. Don't sign it then complain because the rules in your contract are different than the rules in your boss's contract. If you want the boss's contract, the boss's responsibilities, the boss's compensation and the boss's rules, become a boss.

Why is this funny? They are different. One is the head coach, and one is the assistant.

And no one has to go by different rules. Each person goes by the rules laid out in the contract they signed. If you don't like the terms of the contract, don't sign it. Don't sign it then complain because the rules in your contract are different than the rules in your boss's contract. If you want the boss's contract, the boss's responsibilities, the boss's compensation and the boss's rules, become a boss.

I suppose a buy out would make a difference and depending on what is said in the contract obviously does make a difference...assistant or HC.

That said I'm not complaining, just commenting on the difference.

He is out recruiting for us!
Where did you see that? There is no indication on social media that he is out recruiting. Only Farmer and Nunzio of the two announced coaches are visiting HS coaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom