New Cornerbacks Coach: Travis Fisher | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

New Cornerbacks Coach: Travis Fisher

I suppose a buy out would make a difference and depending on what is said in the contract obviously does make a difference...assistant or HC.

That said I'm not complaining, just commenting on the difference.

I didn’t mean to imply your post was a compliant. I was referring to those who sign a contract then complain about the terms of the contract.

This guy will be the most important Feb signing day commit we get, hoping it happens as West's expires.

Where did you see that? There is no indication on social media that he is out recruiting. Only Farmer and Nunzio of the two announced coaches are visiting HS coaches.
My mistake; I misread a post. Thank you for bringing that to my attention!

I keep waiting for him to be linked to Miami. If he’s not announced by Friday this week though I’ll start to have my doubts. I’ve wondered if there’s some sort of buyout surrounding tomorrows signing day.

1B1C7355-9240-4090-B5E2-FC620F88F89A.jpeg

Boom.

This is all second hand info, but a friend of mine is a Nebraska football enthusiast [originally from Nebraska]. I see him at our daughter's soccer practices every week. We chatted about Tony White going there, the transfer Safety from Nebraska coming here, etc. He follows their team / recruiting as closely as we follow SU's, so he is knowledgeable about their program.

Last week I talked to him about Fisher. His take was that their fanbase was really upset about him leaving. That they understood that Rhule as a new coach coming in obviously wants to bring their own coaches with them, but apparently Fisher was VERY well liked by their fans.

Sounds like they've also put some DBs in the pros recently, and he's considered a strong recruiter. He's fairly young, and the recruits / players listen to him, because of his NFL pedigree.

He apparently came in and told the DB room: "I'm here to recruit your replacements. And it's your job to ensure that when they get here, you don't lose your job." Sounds like they had fierce competition for PT, that their DBs tackle well, and that he coaxed the most out of them. They had a big recruit from a couple of years ago who hadn't lived up to the five-star pedigree, then Fisher came in and turned the kid into a coveted draft prospect at Safety [think he's going pro this year].

So not much to go on -- but it sounds like the Nebraska fanbase thought favorably of him, which is a good sign.

So good to know for the future, that these contracts revolve around the 2nd signing day which was yesterday; the first Wednesday in Feb.

Looks like we need one more assistant coach and maybe do a little shuffling...

I really love this coaching addition! Great NFL experience as well as coaching. He knows areas where we typically recruit and knows how to develop players!
With Travis, we should continue as a very good CB school!

Welcome Coach!​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom