New DC: Tony White | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

New DC: Tony White

Good question. What’s your thoughts? Its possible Bear will play inside.
I really like your idea of having Black and Bear at DE.
Would be interesting to see a starting DL of Black-Elmore-Bear, not sure how much Elmore actually gives us as a full time DL.
I think we go into spring with a DL of Black-Bear-Kingsley. Kingsley will need to put on some good weight.
Tuazama is another name I'm hoping we get to see a lot of.

I'm not convinced yet that White is going to be coaching the linebackers. No mention of it in the pr release from the SUAD. Stanard was moved to linebackers after Ward was fired. They may stick with Stanard at linebackers and have White as DC only. That would free up White to do more roving instruction and more recruiting too.
Good thought

Would be interesting to see a starting DL of Black-Elmore-Bear, not sure how much Elmore actually gives us as a full time DL.
I think we go into spring with a DL of Black-Bear-Kingsley. Kingsley will need to put on some good weight.
Yes. Agree with all

So after looking up some Arizona st stuff I definitely think we will go with bigger DE’s (5 tech). San Diego st was able to get away with thinner DE’s at 260 pounds. They can do it at the G5 level but not in the ACC. Arizona St had 280 pound DE’s. I imagine White wants our guys at that weight too. Black and Bear can play there next season. For the future I see guys growing into the position naturally. Guys like Tuazama Okechukwu, Rondi Munoz Dawson Lemieux. Instead of having to gain 40 pounds to play DT's in a 4-3. All they have to do is gain 20. I also think he's gonna try guys like Cam Jonas and Devon Clarke at the S/LB position. Jahad Carter might have been recruited for that position too.
Black last year was at 270 per Cuse.com. DE is exactly where he should be. 100% agree with your observation and good thinking watching old tape. I think Labrosse could get a look at S/LB as well.

Black last year was at 270 per Cuse.com. DE is exactly where he should be. 100% agree with your observation and good thinking watching old tape. I think Labrosse could get a look at S/LB as well.
Yes. Lacrosse would be good at that spot also. I’ve been watching film of them all day. Trying to see what they were trying to do while transitioning to 3-3-5.

If SU has a Black Bear on the ends I'd have to say they need a grizzly in the middle.
unnamed.jpg

Pasqualoni allowed DeLeone and others to meet with the press - pre-game and post-game - and it was informative and interesting

Shafer allowed pretty good access to his OC/DC game weeks and it C’s back to bite him and embarrass the university

I really hope Kingsley Jonathan gets his chance and also has some one-on-one opportunities. I believe he has NFL ability and he has put his time into the program and been patiently awaiting his turn behind Alton and Kendall.

I really hope Kingsley Jonathan gets his chance and also has some one-on-one opportunities. I believe he has NFL ability and he has put his time into the program and been patiently awaiting his turn behind Alton and Kendall.
I think he is every bit as good as our 2 de that just left. Could be better if improvement this year.

Kingsley Jonathan looked more impressive than our starting ends multiple games last year.

kids a ticking time bomb in the ACC, Black too if he goes to his natural position
I was not impressed with black at all this year and I keep asking but no one can tell me what the hell he was off the ball 1.5 yds for and who taught him his stance. Weirdest thing I have seen. He got drove backwards more than any dline men I have seen in a while.

FWIW was watching some ASU tonight. I noticed a lot less pre-snap movement on defense than SDSU. Found that interesting since the DC is obviously a Long disciple.

FWIW was watching some ASU tonight. I noticed a lot less pre-snap movement on defense than SDSU. Found that interesting since the DC is obviously a Long disciple.
Was that the Oregon game? They shocked the Ducks by making major changes to their scheme just for that game. Did away with all the movement, and really confused them.

Was that the Oregon game? They shocked the Ducks by making major changes to their scheme just for that game. Did away with all the movement, and really confused them.
No. I saw their bowl game against FSU (where White was the DC), USC, and a little WSU. In the bowl game, mostly saw 4 men staying on the LOS until the 4th quarter, where I saw more pre-snap deception. They played well in the bowl game, just not the pre-snap I expected.

No. I saw their bowl game against FSU (where White was the DC), USC, and a little WSU. In the bowl game, mostly saw 4 men staying on the LOS until the 4th quarter, where I saw more pre-snap deception. They played well in the bowl game, just not the pre-snap I expected.
Good for you.
I gotta go through the same exercise. Very interested to see the 3-3-5 in action.

If Bear and Black are the DEnds then I think you have to go Harper in the middle at 300lbs. My guess is that Bear mans the middle with Black (270) and Jonathan (255) on the outside. Harper spells Bear.

Who backs up the Ends? Tuazama (250) Munoz (255), and Rondi (255) seem like the best bets. Caleb Okechukwu (261) is a wildcard. Hope he's back for Spring. If not, then at what point is he a medical DQ.

After those guys we go really light. Richards (230), Dawson (240), Linton (215) and Goulebourne (200). The latter two might have to play OLB.

Really curious to see the spring roster and what kind of weight some of these guys have put on.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom