New DE/OLB Coach: Nick Williams [Official] | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New DE/OLB Coach: Nick Williams [Official]

I don't even know where I am.
2001-03-13-sdc-thruwayjpg-3ef1b84d02584d74_large.jpg

I'm honestly so sick of listening to my NOTRE DAME, Michigan, Alabama etc. friends tell me that Syracuse can't recruit because "Why would anybody want to go there when they could go to _______". And I'm talking twenty plus years of this that I cannot wait for all of this to happen. If it doesn't I'm used to the abuse but I REALLY REALLY want to be good again.

I'm honestly so sick of listening to my NOTRE DAME, Michigan, Alabama etc. friends tell me that Syracuse can't recruit because "Why would anybody want to go there when they could go to _______". And I'm talking twenty plus years of this that I cannot wait for all of this to happen. If it doesn't I'm used to the abuse but I REALLY REALLY want to be good again.
You are right on. What I hate even more are Syracuse fans who say that. Those are the people we really need this come-uppance for. It's hard enough competing against other programs, let alone your own supporters.

Edit: and also why I love every one of these Staff and Recruiting announcements more and more. This is a mindset shift and long overdue.

In June, 24/7 sports listed Williams as the #3 ranked recruiter in the PAC 12. A Georgia native, he was formerly a DB at Georgia, and became a GA under Kirby Smart. He helped recruit the #1 class while at Texas AM. He is only 33 years old. The University's commitment to spending and hiring the new DC is already paying dividends.

Are the boosters that support football mutually exclusive from the ones that support hoops? I wonder if ADJW is kicking himself for playing it "safe" with the off-season basketball moves.

Yep. I’m sick of hearing it from our own fans to be honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom