New Penn State story | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

New Penn State story

Come on Bernie was as close to being innocent as anyone can get in a situation like that.

He was gay, something of a celebrity/public figure, had a more than crazy wife, and took in a kid who was clearly a bad egg. There might be enough between those things for him to not continue in his role but he was 100% absolved of any of the false and heinous accusations.
I have a close friend who investigated this story for a major network (not ESPN). This included several trips up to Cuse to meet with various accusers. He said his interviews with the various people were very confusing and bizarre. He could never get a feel for the truth. This is what he told me off the record

They never ended up running the story. They simply could never get to the bottom of the situation, and had to shelve it. That outcome is not normal, especially from a person with 15-20 years experience as a producer in the industry.

Therefore, I find it difficult to believe that more than a select few know the exact truth.

Come on Bernie was as close to being innocent as anyone can get in a situation like that.

He was gay, something of a celebrity/public figure, had a more than crazy wife, and took in a kid who was clearly a bad egg. There might be enough between those things for him to not continue in his role but he was 100% absolved of any of the false and heinous accusations.

I think that's all correct. He still hired a pretty big law firm if i recall and if they fired him for cause (and the cause was being gay vs a pedophile) i think there would have been some recourse for wrongful termination due to a protected class.

I still think he got 7 figures to never ever mention the story again and to that, he still kinda lost because normal rank and file folk still consider him a "bad guy" vs a gay guy who was outed.

EDIT: The part that always intrigued me was the Boeheim angle and if Jim supported him at all when he left Syracuse even as a friend calling to check up on him. He defended him publically for sure but was he left out to dry once he left for good?

Yup. The rot needed to be burned away, but the administration, university, and the NCAA all fell short.

Net result: a defiant fanbase that feels that they've been persecuted, when in actuality they facilitate a culture that condoned child rape.

Scum.
Okay well the vast majority of the fanbase didn’t do anything… I think you meant to put administration there.

I had to stop reading a few times because I was so angry.

Jerry Sandusky wrote a book you can still find on Amazon. It's entitled, "Developing Linebackers the Penn State Way."

I had to stop reading a few times because I was so angry.

Jerry Sandusky wrote a book you can still find on Amazon. It's entitled, "Developing Linebackers the Penn State Way."
Yuk

Hmmm, the relatives of one of the accusers - side with the accuser, you say? :rolleyes:

In spite of the FBI raiding his house, Bernie Fine was never even charged with a crime.
Much less convicted.

So while in today's world, not being convicted doesn't really mean dick
see: Rittenhouse, Kyle, or Trump, Donald, or to keep this football-related - OJ Simpson,
not even being charged - especially in the immediate wake of State Penn - means there was nothing there.
No. The relatives were on Bernie's side. They said he (I forgot which one) was a liar and thief and never said anything about Bernie to anyone.

PSU’s current head coach also called a victim of alleged abuse from some of his Vandy football players. I guess they knew what they were looking for in a head coach when they chose Franklin.
It was far worse than that.

Just spent about an hour reading that. Disgusting. Paterno is gone. Hodne is gone. But the Penn St football culture and program isn’t. Too bad people inside and outside Penn St don’t have the balls to torpedo that thing. I’m looking at you too NCAA.
And yet Paterno got his wins back ... free Jimmy B and give him back his wins while we are at it.

And yet Paterno got his wins back ... free Jimmy B and give him back his wins while we are at it.
JB and also Bobby Bowden. If Paterno got his wins back, then everybody else should, too.

Oh, I forgot, protecting children from pedophiles isn't in the NCAA's wheelhouse.

JB and also Bobby Bowden. If Paterno got his wins back, then everybody else should, too.

Oh, I forgot, protecting children from pedophiles isn't in the NCAA's wheelhouse.
No but going after athletes working at a YMCA is ... the NCAA is a gigantic fraud and now with NIL that whole thing should be wiped off the books.

Just saw an add stating zI could get a Penn State degree without ever setting a foot in a classroom. Sounds like the Carolina hoops degree program

When you have the chance to hire the guy in charge of the sports juggernaut that is BC -
You have to take it!! :p

What, they couldn’t get the Rutgers guy?

i think kraft leaving is indicative of the seriousness that a BC is going to put into athletics above academics going forward vs Penn St which is bringing in a ton of out of state students purely because it's cheaper than a private school and the engine to all of it is the athletics.

this will continue to happen. We're lucky to have an alum running our show because SU/BC are gonna retreat from athletics over the course of the next decade plus w the way things are going

Cringe Wince GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom