New QB Coach Kirk Martin (TX) | Syracusefan.com

New QB Coach Kirk Martin (TX)

Dumb question but is Dino gonna run the offense or are we going to hire a true OC?

Mike Lynch will probably assume more of the OC duties (and probably the full title) with plenty of input from Dino. He was co-OC with Lewis.
Thanks. Wonder if Lynch will give any input on plays?

When Lewis was the co-oc it was a three headed monster that had input on plays...Lewis, Lynch and Babers.

I meant to type “Martin.” But yeah, guess you’re saying he’s likely to give input.

Interesting choice. Hope the kids get along or it could get awkward. Seems very successful, but not sure how much he helps recruiting being in Texas (I know we got a couple of guys from Texas, but didn't generally have to go up against P5 schools for them).

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Are we currently in the running for anyone good from Texas?

Considering Martin is a Texas lifer, Dino's in-law and has never coached on the college level, this strikes me as the type of move a head coach makes if he plans on sticking around for a while.
I hope so

Are we currently in the running for anyone good from Texas?

Marvel has 3 kids committed to but not signed with A&M. A wr, s & rb. The WR is a top 100 kid. Doubt that matters this late but man that would be a nice late present.

I dont get the High Risk either.. What system did they run and what kind of QBs did they create, thats the risk factor.

last few QBs they have had.. they score a ton of pts and had a bunch of DIv 1 kids

2017 went to N. texas
2016 to Florida
2016 went to Houston
2013 old dominion
2012 the Citidel
2011 n. mex st

I'm 100% on board with it.

Hopefully the culture change is not too much for him and his family

The only risk I see is that he's been a really successful high school football coach in TX for 20 years. Now that his kids are grown up and a great opportunity has presented itself, he's making the transition to the college level, way the hell away in Upstate NY.
I'm completely happy with him at Syracuse. He seems like he's going to be an awesome coach to Syracuse's QBs.

I just wonder if the transition is going to be more difficult for him, considering he's older, he's always lived in TX, he's always been a high school coach.
Just speculating that it might be a complicated transition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom