New QB Coach Kirk Martin (TX) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

New QB Coach Kirk Martin (TX)

The difference is that he is a former NFL player that had a relationship with Reid. I believe Reid took him to Philly specifically to tutor McNabb his rookie year. His football acumen was a known quantity.

Briles and Malzahn are probably better examples of why we shouldn't be surprised with the success of guys that now jump from high school to college.
You are right. I was simply hoping to point out one timely example.

Driving through West Texas is like being in a Coen Brothers movie.

In 2015 I was driving cross country and took US 90 (Texas Pecos Trail) from San Antonio all the way to Van Horn on I-10. Interesting drive. Loved seeing Alpine, Marfa, Del Rio and Langtry. Langtry, pop 14, is where Judge Roy Bean was located. They have his old court room there. Worth a stop. Marfa is near the ranch where Judge Scalia died. It was also the location for the 1956 movie "Giant". Lots of huge ranches around. I don't think Langtry fields a football team though.

For a side gig? Yes, yes it is. For comparison the high school FB coach at my high school, the largest in Virginia is making about $7,000 as the FB coach. He gets his teachers salary on top of that. But if Martin was getting 100k just to coach, yes that is a metric crap ton of money when most coaches across the country aren’t getting even 1/10th of that to be just the FB coach

Which High School? I know some of the top coaches in the 757 have left in the last couple years for better paying jobs. Ocean Lakes coach went to coach at a private school and the Oscar Smith coach went to coach down in Georgia where he's getting paid 6 figures. It's surprising how little coaches are paid in VA with the quality of football in the state.

Very easy to root for this guy.

I’m happy we got our very own Coach Taylor
5.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors