New Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Star Wars: The Last Jedi Trailer

Not if Luke was following the rules. Maybe she's Leia and Han's daughter, but Han didn't know about her because he left before Leia realized she was pregnant.
The rules weren’t followed with Luke.
He was way to old to become Jedi by the rules.

I doubt Rey is a Solo as she had scenes with Leia and Leia wasn’t motherly or that close with her.

It could be anything. My money is on Rey being the new chosen one a la Anakin in Phantom Menace.

Lots in there. I'm jazzed about it. I am a little disappointed that it looks like there will be no more Kylo Ren mask (notice he smashes it and then for the rest of the trailer he doesn't have it any more). The trailer seems to lay out the entire movie, but I doubt that it really does because they are always much more cagey than that.

The trailer makes it look like:
1. Kylo gets a new light saber (the one he picks up looks the same but is completely clean, plus the old one got cut in half by Rey)
2. Kylo at least attempts/contemplates to kill mom
3. Luke is scared of training Rey because she has similar power level to Ben Solo
4. Rey is rejected by Luke as a result of this and turns to Kylo to be trained (?)

Overall - yikes! This looks like a pretty bad a$$ set of potential plot points.
Wonder with respect to #2 if it happens if it was a plot rewrite given her untimely death.

Vader killed younglins.
Obi-Won
Pretty much everything and was redeemed.

I think Ben is one who is struggling this trilogy. Rey is the one Anakin.
We didn't know about the younglins until 20 years after Return of the Jedi. Obi-Wan basically committed suicide. And while Vader was indeed responsible for hundreds of thousands - if not millions - of other deaths, they don't hold the emotional impact of killing Han Solo.

Wonder with respect to #2 if it happens if it was a plot rewrite given her untimely death.
I think that's exactly what happened. Apparently she was going to have a big role in Episode IX and her family didn't want them to go the CG route after her death.

The rules weren’t followed with Luke.
He was way to old to become Jedi by the rules.

I doubt Rey is a Solo as she had scenes with Leia and Leia wasn’t motherly or that close with her.

It could be anything. My money is on Rey being the new chosen one a la Anakin in Phantom Menace.
Too old to become a Jedi by the rules, but that doesn't mean he didn't follow the code. They're not supposed to have sex.

I don't know about that with Leia. She went right to Rey and ignored Chewbacca, who had just lost his best friend. She would need a very good reason to do that.

JJ abrams himself said that Rey’s parents were not in epVII. The twin/sibling narrative should stop.

I think Ben is not considering killing leia in that shot, but rather is in a moment of turning good and is about to blow up other “bad” guys?

The final shot of her asking for help seems like she’s in a dark room with a light or fire, where Kylo seems to be amidst a major fire or lava setting. They want you to believe the exchange is between them, but we shall see.

Regardless, so amped.

I think that's exactly what happened. Apparently she was going to have a big role in Episode IX and her family didn't want them to go the CG route after her death.

To be honest, it would be an awesome way to handle it but remember the warnings about misdirection in trailer. I think he does not kill her for two reasons:
1. We have heard that Leia has a big role in Ep 8 and since her stuff was all filmed, I doubt they will want to put all her scenes on the cutting room floor knowing it was her last performance.
2. If you watch the trailer - the part where Kylo is contemplating killing her is early in the film. You can tell because he still has a wound repairing mesh on his facial scar. In later scenes, that wound has healed dramatically and the mesh is no longer visible. So we know that if he does kill her in that scene, she will not be in most of this movie.

I think she almost certainly does die in the movie though since they have said they won't CGI her into Ep 9. So what if Kylo doesn't go through with it, but Hux/Snoke kill her later - thus accelerating him back to the light side.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that trailer is full of red herrings: scenes cut to infer a different reality than what happens in the movie.

JJ abrams himself said that Rey’s parents were not in epVII. The twin/sibling narrative should stop.
After the Q&A, EW caught up with J.J. Abrams and he clarified his comments. The director says he was only trying to point out that The Force Awakens builds up the mystery of Rey’s parents without resolving it. “What I meant was that she doesn’t discover them in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world,” Abrams said.

But it's possible that Disney made him say that and the original statement was true. If that's the case, I'm leaning towards Rey being Obi-Wan's granddaughter. (I know, against the rules, but I think all of that went out the window when he decided to live as a hermit on Tatooine.) He speaks to her in the lightsaber flashback.

After the Q&A, EW caught up with J.J. Abrams and he clarified his comments. The director says he was only trying to point out that The Force Awakens builds up the mystery of Rey’s parents without resolving it. “What I meant was that she doesn’t discover them in Episode VII. Not that they may not already be in her world,” Abrams said.

But it's possible that Disney made him say that and the original statement was true. If that's the case, I'm leaning towards Rey being Obi-Wan's granddaughter. (I know, against the rules, but I think all of that went out the window when he decided to live as a hermit on Tatooine.) He speaks to her in the lightsaber flashback.
Right. For the flashback, they not only chopped up an old audio clip of Alec Guinness to have him say “Rey”, but also brought in Ewan to speak the line “these are your first steps” or whatever it was. Why go to that much trouble if there is no endgame?

so we have the 9th movie in 2 yrs.. Do the really kill off Luke leaving none of the big 3 around for whatever they decide to do with 10 in the future? they have plans for stuff but considering how big this is how could they not go forward with 10 even if its 10 yrs from now

so we have the 9th movie in 2 yrs.. Do the really kill off Luke leaving none of the big 3 around for whatever they decide to do with 10 in the future? they have plans for stuff but considering how big this is how could they not go forward with 10 even if its 10 yrs from now

Of course remember that even if they do kill Luke, he can still appear as a force ghost. But I agree and I don't see any way that he is killed before Ep 9.

BTW, for those of you who are getting ready to introduce your kids to Star Wars, I recommend Harmy's Despecialized Editions for the original trilogy and The Phantom Edit for the prequels.

The Despecialized Editions are what you would expect: Someone went to the trouble of removing all of the changes Lucas has made since the 90s. These are legal to download if you own HD versions of the three films. For more information, go here: The Ultimate Introductory Guide to Harmy's Star Wars Trilogy Despecialized Editions

The Phantom Edit is a condensed version of the prequels, based on a similar re-edit by Topher Grace. The running time is about 2 hours. It's not perfect, but it's better than sitting through all 7 hours. Link below...

That screen grab above is kind of funny, because Jar Jar gets about 20 seconds of screen time and that's it.

I think what I'm getting from this thread is that there was either some wife swapping or incest (or both) going on just after Return of the Jedi.

I can't wait to find out!

No, he's talking about Ben, not Vader. I think they are setting it up that Kylo and Rey will have an epic showdown in Ep IX. Given this, it is hard to shake the crazy notion that they are twins. I know there is significant mental gymnastics to get through to figure out how/why/what happened that led to them being separated and Rey being cast off, but how else do we explain the extreme power both of them have.
Most certainly talking about Ren.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that trailer is full of red herrings: scenes cut to infer a different reality than what happens in the movie.
Very much so.

Although I believe the name Han means gift from God. And Rey means God. So maybe there’s a connection.

Very much so.

Although I believe the name Han means gift from God. And Rey means God. So maybe there’s a connection.

So Rey could be Han Solo's mom. With time dilation associated with near-light speed travel, it is entirely possible. That would be quite a twist!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom