New WR Coach / Passing Game Coordinator: Ross Douglas (Official) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New WR Coach / Passing Game Coordinator: Ross Douglas (Official)

Reads well. Johnson staying so like others state problem QB coach. He did work with Vick I think in Atlanta if I remember correctly.

Guess they couldn’t get Tiquan Underwood. He caught the end of NE winning culture at least.
The Pats last good season was 2019-2020 (lost in first round of playoffs)

Ross started in 2021 right as the dumpster caught on fire.

I am feeling a Chick Norris themed thread for HCFB
I grew up listening to the patter of Philly r'n'b deejays. I kind-of mashed 'em together:

"More man to love. If you can't do it, lead me to it. If I can't do it, it can't be done. I'm the man every strong woman wants and every weak woman needs."

Which, as you might expect, is more or less the story of my life.

Im a big Pats fan. From what I read they really like him and thinks he's a up and coming coach. I remember watching some all access practice video's from last years Shrine bowl. The Pats staff coached one of the teams. I believe Ross ran the offense.

Last edited:
Im a big Pats fan. From what I read they really like him and thinks he's a up and coming coach. I remember watching some all access pracitice video's from last years Shrine bowl. The Pats staff coached one of the teams. I believe Ross ran the offense.
Ross was the OC and QB coach for the West squad.

As bnoro said, there is a clear trend to all of Fran's hires. Brown has been impressive in all phases to date.

Jeff Nixon ?Offensive Coordinator
Michael Johnson ?Quarterbacks
Running Backs
Nunzio CampanileTight Ends
Ross DouglasWide Receivers
Devin ReddAsst Wide Receivers
Steve Farmer ?Offensive Line
Elijah RobinsonDefensive Coordinator
Nick Williams ?Defensive Ends
Robert Wright ?Linebackers
Defensive Backs
I’m going to assume Redd is a QC or Analyst.

Given you can only have 10 assistants and Special Teams isn’t listed yet, I’d bet one of the vacancies is special teams unless someone takes on those duties in addition to position coach.

If it’s Nixon, I’d assume he coaches RBs and Robinson takes DTs since Williams listed only DEs.

If you take out Redd, I’d bet Special Teams, OL and DBs make up the 3 vacancies if Johnson is indeed staying.

Were the Pats going to fire him? How does the Patriots WR Coach go to Syracuse for the same role?
Nothing that indicates he was being fired:

Former Colorado defensive ends coach Nick Williams has joined Fran Brown’s coaching staff to assume the same position at Syracuse. Williams posted about the announcement on X, formerly known as Twitter, Monday afternoon. The announcement comes a day after the Orange picked up defensive coordinator Elijah Robinson from Texas A&M.

While coaching at Boulder, Williams presided over a unit that had the sixth-most sacks in the Pacific 12 Conference, but was part of an overall defense that was the third-worst scoring defense in the conference. Williams is the third position coach to leave CU head coach Deion Sanders’ staff this offseason.

Before coming to Colorado, Williams coached under Jimbo Fisher for two seasons at Texas A&M. According to his biography page on CU Athletics’ website, he joined the Aggies’ staff in May 2021 and helped them recruit the No. 1 ranked signing class in 2022.

At Brown’s introductory press conference at SU Monday morning, he said he treats recruiting coaches like players. He wants them all to advance in their profession and seek better opportunities when the time comes.

Underwood turned down an offer from Fran (WR)
homer simpson doh GIF

The Pats last good season was 2019-2020 (lost in first round of playoffs)

Ross started in 2021 right as the dumpster caught on fire.
Thought they make the playoffs Mac’s first year, isn’t it his third year?