Next week is going to take a miracle | Syracusefan.com

Next week is going to take a miracle

kcsu

Living Legend
Hate to say it but LV is playing its best football of the season. They returned their best DB and leader of the D this week and this will be Jackson's final game at home as he is sure to turn pro.

We are going to have to play flawlessly.

My issue w this team and offense is it’s predicated on scoring fast and not slowing down. Against some of these teams If u get a 10 pt lead
It’s not bad to drain clock in second half to limit possessions. So we r stuck getting into track meets

If dungey is out not sure we can be in position to do that.

My issue w this team and offense is it’s predicated on scoring fast and not slowing down. Against some of these teams If u get a 10 pt lead
It’s not bad to drain clock in second half to limit possessions. So we r stuck getting into track meets

If ED cant go im afraid we are going to get destroyed.

I think this is what Dino tried to do. Look at the first two possessions of the second half. Lots of running the ball, which is our version of slowing it down. We got a first down or two, kicked a FG, but there was just no stopping Wake from there on out (literally).

I think this is what Dino tried to do. Look at the first two possessions of the second half. Lots of running the ball, which is our version of slowing it down. We got a first down or two, kicked a FG, but there was just no stopping Wake from there on out (literally).

Playing the game w a lead isn’t about the throw or run it’s tempo. Watch the patriots when they get leads. They will eat 8 minutes w 4 yard plays for 85 yards.

Get Freeney in the lockerroom and lock him Zaire and Alton in a film room

Think it's going to be very similar to the game this week. We need to score a ton of points because I highly doubt we'll be able to slow down Jackson. No FGs or punts.

Can’t see us beating Louisville unless Lamar misses the game. As improved as our D is this year, yesterday was a major regression. When we needed them to just play decently they gave up more in the second half than they gave up in any full game all year. NC State and MTSU were the only good QBs we faced until yesterday and Wolford is better than either and we got lit up. I am afraid what Jackson will do to us. When you look at the overall talent of our team, too small and slow on D, shaky at best Oline, one good runner in Dungey, no reliable WRs after Ish and Erv, I guess 4-6 makes sense but after being 4-3 after Clemson and after the 2nd half meltdown yesterday, it hurts like hell

That’s your inner meathead. Keep in mind we wouldn’t be in half the games we were and we wouldn’t have beaten Clemson without tempo. There is some bad with the good, but not much.

Playing the game w a lead isn’t about the throw or run it’s tempo. Watch the patriots when they get leads. They will eat 8 minutes w 4 yard plays for 85 yards.

We literally won the Clemson game on a 5 min slow drive that covered like 40 yards

After watching yesterdays game, I can’t see any way we can even keep the game close against Louisville. WF did anything they wanted against our defense. Jackson can run fo 150-200 yards against us. We had no answer yesterday for the QB running the ball. It’s looking like another 4-8 season. You can put it in the books that once November rolls around, Dungy is not available.

ED = win. Officer = loss by 20. It's as simple as that.

Look at the Miami game when ED was in and when Mahoney was in. Night and day.

It is what it is.

It is what it is.

Cuse could have gotten blown out in Miami if not for dropped passes and poor red zone execution. The defense was lights out in that game.

It is what it is.

Even if ED plays I think Jackson will just smash us.

We're going to win next week.

Why am I so confident?

I'm confident because that's the most Syracuse thing to do. We're going to win, get everybody's hope up, and then crush all of our souls at home against BC. Then we'll spend the offseason wondering what could have been had we beaten MTSU, played an average 2nd half vs Wake, or gotten lucky vs LSU, NCSU, FSU, or Miami. Then we'll dream of next year, and we'll get all excited again.

Cuse could have gotten blown out in Miami if not for dropped passes and poor red zone execution. The defense was lights out in that game.

Agree, and we could have gave up 80 last night. As good as wofford is, he missed 2 or 3 receivers in the clear. We have issues at safety , issues that martin put a bandaid on for most of the year. Even with cordy back next year, he doesnt fix our coverage problems.

If you haven't seen the weather forecast for the game don't look

its going to be a shootout again, whether we win or not it depends is dungey playing or no, as it seems like defense plays better when he starts than when he doesnt

Hate to say it but LV is playing its best football of the season. They returned their best DB and leader of the D this week and this will be Jackson's final game at home as he is sure to turn pro.

We are going to have to play flawlessly.
Just curious. How is it that we need a miracle to beat Louisville but we're going to crush BC when BC was good enough to beat teams we've lost to, including Louisville?

Louisville isn't great - Jackson is a great runner but he is inaccurate too. The kid from wake was a different animal in that he didn't make mental mistakes and his staff doesn't ask him to do things he is incapable of. Jackson can get frustrated and make mistakes. We need to get him on the ground and take advantage of his throwing woes. WE also need our staff to not go brain dead mid game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom