OL: Emerich, Adams,Palmer,Conway, Clausman
WR: Lewis, Ishmael, Strickland, Phillips

Roberts for Clausman.

LT- Conway
LG-Roberts
C- Emerich
RG- Palmer
RT-?

Yep. Adams and Conway will almost certainly be our starting tackles next year.
Boy, that's a lot of responsibility for two very young guys.

Next year's Jr's and So's are going to do special things together. I believe that includes Conway. Have to see if the new staff is as high on Adams.

Next year's Jr's and So's are going to do special things together. I believe that includes Conway. Have to see if the new staff is as high on Adams.

Conway, to do what he did as a true freshman, showed me enough to think he's the next in the line of Pugh/Hickey.

Obviously, i believe Ish will do well in an Offense that stresses spacing (Dino likes to use the entire field width, lining up recievers outside the numbers) and I think Lewis catches 40+ balls.

QB: ED
RB: JF
OL: Emerich, Adams,Palmer,Conway, Clausman
WR: Lewis, Ishmael, Strickland, Phillips
Phillips is great once he has the ball but seemed to be a train wreck with some wr fundamentals (routes, attacking the ball, hands). Not sure where he fits if his responsibilities require precision and/or options and variability. Hopefully he just gets better and that solves it.

I do think estime can do really well.

kcsu said:
QB: ED RB: JF OL: Emerich, Adams,Palmer,Conway, Clausman WR: Lewis, Ishmael, Strickland, Phillips
We will need to have faster receivers in the future for Briles' offense. Lewis sticks out to me in that group.

you dont need to have all fast WR.. but you need to at least have 1-2 who can attack the deep ball. it may help our guys who struggle getting off the line with the sets this system uses teams that dont have 3-4 good DBs may make it easier on them.

We will need to have faster receivers in the future for Briles' offense. Lewis sticks out to me in that group.
For that matter, Ish lacks the pull-away speed that would make him elite. But, with four receivers on the field they don't all have to be burners.

upperdeck said:
you dont need to have all fast WR.. but you need to at least have 1-2 who can attack the deep ball. it may help our guys who struggle getting off the line with the sets this system uses teams that dont have 3-4 good DBs may make it easier on them.
it's usually the outside receivers who run the deep routes and are the burners. If that is Ish and Lewis, then we may struggle there. I suggest we put Estime or perhaps Ervin?

OrangeAl said:
For that matter, Ish lacks the pull-away speed that would make him elite. But, with four receivers on the field they don't all have to be burners.
not at this time but ideally in the future they would all be fast, very fast. There are no slow pokes on Baylor's team.

He sticks out to me too. As he is going to have a really good year. He is by far the second best receiver in that group. Pure speed is nice but it isn't everything. Lewis is not a burner by any means but he is not that slow. Really think he should have been our second WR this past season. Think he can do everything else fairly well. Esteem didn't do all that much at WR this year. Would have preferred Lewis at WR and Estime at XB. Esteem would not have been as good a blocker at XB but could certainly run better than Lewis and would not have been one dimensional. Lewis would have seen a lot more plays from WR and had a good deal more catches at than Estime ended up getting out there.

QB: Dungey
RB: Fredericks
OT: Adams
OT: Conway
OG: Roberts
OG: Palmer
C: Emerich
OWR: Phillips/Womack
OWR: Estime
IWR: Lewis
IWR: Ishmael

That is how I would do it anyway...

That was my lineup as well.

QB: Dungey
RB: Fredericks
OT: Adams
OT: Conway
OG: Roberts
OG: Palmer
C: Emerich
OWR: Phillips/Womack
OWR: Estime
IWR: Lewis
IWR: Ishmael

That is how I would do it anyway...
Is the 4 WR set the base offense? I like the look of that. I know the TE has not put up too many stats in Baber's offense but what percentage of the snaps does a TE get out on the field?

I know Custis and Enoicy have not done much to date but I have a hard time not seeing how one of them would not be beneficial on the outside. Most of that is because of watching their high school highlights so I guess it could just be that their hands are very inconsistent which obviously is not shown on those. When you have all of the measureables how hard can it be to learn some routes even if they are not very crisp? The little we've seen of Custis he seems to look fairly good, fast and can go up and get it. Enoicy has been hurt a lot but he has decent speed and can go up and get it and he's made a couple good looking plays in the spring game etc. and was supposedly looking good at points by some. Shoot if we could have one of those guys play on the outside and just catch one 30 yard jump ball and a simple 10 yard slant every game that would be quite a bit more than what we got out of the position last year. I feel like we need one player out there who is physically intimidating. Its a heck of a lot harder to cover a guy on the outside who has speed, is physical and can go up and get it. They would have to help in the redzone right? I know its mostly blind hope but I just hope its that they just have not had much of an opportunity yet. I know Cornelius supposedly practiced well in the spring but he didn't catch a ball in the spring game and didn't seem to be even visible when in a game. Its baffling to me that he continued to get more minutes than them.

Yes, the base offense features 4 WRs.

Because of this, you end up playing 8 WRs a lot and the breakdown of players by position on the roster changes fundamentally. If you are a WR, this hire is good news. There will be a lot more reps, in part because there are more WR slots to fill and in part because the hurry up offense results in markedly more snaps and plays per game.