NFL Combine: Isaiah Johnson | Syracusefan.com

NFL Combine: Isaiah Johnson

Good luck to him. This team was/is so devoid of talent eesh.
Good for Isaiah. I think he'll test well.

We were a young team. Who do we lose to graduation that has ever even started? On Offense we lose Shrader and Bleich. On defense we lose Okechukwu, Isaiah Johnson, Jason Simmons and I guess Bradford. Not much. But yes a talent infusion is certainly needed.

Awesome news for him. For some reason I thought that invites had already come out and he wasn't on the list. Hope he shows out there. Certainly seems like he has the measurables, at least.

I can hear the ladies excitement on this board about seeing the future NFL'ers running around Lucas Oil in their tight spandex!

This is an amazing story, from the Ivy League to the NFL Combine. Hopefully, he makes the League.

This is an amazing story, from the Ivy League to the NFL Combine. Hopefully, he makes the League.
Ivy Leaguers have been known to do that, so not sure amazing is the word.

But agree with the good wishes.

begins tomorrow Monday Feb. 26.

Good luck to Isaiah:

Syracuse defensive back Isaiah Johnson has been invited to the NFL Scouting Combine.

The event, which will run from Feb. 26 through March 4 in Indianapolis, features the top NFL prospects annually.

Johnson, a team captain this past season, was a two-year starter at cornerback for the Orange after joining the program as a graduate transfer from Dartmouth. He appeared in 45 games across both institutions, amassing 188 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 14 pass breakups and three interceptions collegiately.

This past season, he was fifth on the team with 62 tackles, adding an interception, forced fumble and six pass breakups. He graded out as the team's second-best defender according to Pro Football Focus.

Good jumping numbers. I'll guess he runs about a 4.55 forty. Would he be a good prospect at safety?

Unfortunately, with those forty numbers I’m guessing teams probably don’t think he has the speed to be a true outside corner. Seems like he could be ideal to cover the slot in the NFL where he’d line up against a lot of receiving TE’s. Great size and is an explosive athlete with very good cover skills despite the forty numbers.

What did Iffy run at the combine?

Last edited:
Based on his split he’s got average (for this class) acceleration, but his long speed is an issue. Might mean he has to try and make it as a safety, or ST wizard. Hopefully he can get those times down a tenth by pro day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom