NFL Thread | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giants had it all the way yet again!

Defense keeps clamping down at the end and winning these games. Vernon, Jenkins, and Harrison have been studs. Well worth the money so far! Throw in a healthier JPP and healthy Hankins and it's like we've got a whole new DL, with a talented group of DBs. Collins has really come on strong!

Giants had it all the way yet again!

Defense keeps clamping down at the end and winning these games. Vernon, Jenkins, and Harrison have been studs. Well worth the money so far! Throw in a healthier JPP and healthy Hankins and it's like we've got a whole new DL, with a talented group of DBs. Collins has really come on strong!
Yep, white-knuckled another win. I feel like I'm watching the Syracuse team from a few years ago.

Playing with fire if they can't put some of these games away. But you're right - D is playing really well. Waiting for the O to break out.

Yep, white-knuckled another win. I feel like I'm watching the Syracuse team from a few years ago.

Playing with fire if they can't put some of these games away. But you're right - D is playing really well. Waiting for the O to break out.

Truthfully, I was livid that we were content to just sit on the ball and go run, run, pass underneath, punt, the whole 4th quarter. Up 6 and knowing one fluke play could beat us...I was very uneasy. With their TE and OLineman both getting hurt, they really had nothing going and our D killed them the whole 2nd half. But it still got scary that last drive.

Truthfully, I was livid that we were content to just sit on the ball and go run, run, pass underneath, punt, the whole 4th quarter. Up 6 and knowing one fluke play could beat us...I was very uneasy. With their TE and OLineman both getting hurt, they really had nothing going and our D killed them the whole 2nd half. But it still got scary that last drive.
Like just about every game this year. ;)

Only in the NFL...why do I watch this?

SF 49ers make a great defensive play at Patriots 25 yard line, sack Brady and force a fumble right off the snap.

Meanwhile, late and downfield, some ref (in the bag for the NFL) drops a "defensive holding penaltY' flag, which the 49ers Coaches are so irate about they draw a "sideline unsportsmanlike" penalty.

So, 3rd and 15 at the 20 turns into 1st and 10 at the 50. Have to learn, you CAN'T mess with the NFL's Patriots.

This league is in trouble.

SF 49ers make a great defensive play at Patriots 25 yard line, sack Brady and force a fumble right off the snap.

Meanwhile, late and downfield, some ref (in the bag for the NFL) drops a "defensive holding penaltY' flag, which the 49ers Coaches are so irate about they draw a "sideline unsportsmanlike" penalty.

So, 3rd and 15 at the 20 turns into 1st and 10 at the 50. Have to learn, you CAN'T mess with the NFL's Patriots.

The sideline unsportsmanlike penalty was legit. 49er's had been warned earlier about coming out too far onto the field. 2nd warning is an automatic unsportsmanlike.

You realize the Pats offense is designed for short passes. Edelman was held that is why Brady couldn't get rid of it fast and was sacked.
The NFL FO hates the Pats the refs aren't helping them. They had a 41 yard Blount TD run called back on hold. If the refs were helping them that call isn't made as it was an iffy call.

The sideline unsportsmanlike penalty was legit. 49er's had been warned earlier about coming out too far onto the field. 2nd warning is an automatic unsportsmanlike.

See, this is wrong, and exactly what they want YOU to believe. They DON'T call this all the time, they call it when THEY want to...

So they call a terrible penalty, the team complains and they move it 25 yards down the field.

I don't care, but the owners will care when their annual dividend checks drop from $50m to $42m a year.

You realize the Pats offense is designed for short passes. Edelman was held that is why Brady couldn't get rid of it fast and was sacked.
The NFL FO hates the Pats the refs aren't helping them. They had a 41 yard Blount TD run called back on hold. If the refs were helping them that call isn't made as it was an iffy call.

Wrong, the NFL FO and Pats FO are one and the same. Brady-gate was appeasement and sleight of hand all at once.

See, this is wrong, and exactly what they want YOU to believe. They DON'T call this all the time, they call it when THEY want to...

So they call a terrible penalty, the team complains and they move it 25 yards down the field.

I don't care, but the owners will care when their annual dividend checks drop from $50m to $42m a year.

Wrong, the NFL FO and Pats FO are one and the same. Brady-gate was appeasement and sleight of hand all at once.
It's all a big conspiracy. Got it. :rolleyes:

Deflategate was crap. They convicted without evidence. Owners were pissed they weren't hurt after Spygate.
Exponent's science was universally disproven. It is over. The Pats were robbed of a first round pick.
They will get it back this offseason for Garrapolo though.
That was a hold on the sack though. Edelman was grabbed beyond 5 yards. The refs didn't invent it. Chip Kelly was a moron for going on the field arguing after he was warned in the first half.
The refs took a TD from Blount as the hold on Solder was not a hold but the refs called it.
Oh well the Pats bad penalties called on them as well.
If the refs are going to help the Pats I would want to save it for our trip to Denver. As I am fairly certain they are beating this garbage 49er team.

and just about an hour after we have this conversation, romo gives his 'im a backup speach'.

smart move, tough for him for sure.

hes owed a ton of $$. will be interesting to see what jeruh does.

jets need a qb...
Man is going to be tough going from America's team to the Jets. I imagine it would be like you and Dasher switching sides on the election.

Eagles are non-competitive against the Seahawks. They have zero weapons on offense with Sproles out.

Eagles are non-competitive against the Seahawks. They have zero weapons on offense with Sproles out.
Eagles look like an 8-8 team which for them is great with a rookie QB.
Aguilar looks like they wasted first round pick. Eagles need to upgrade their WR and TEs for Wentz.

They are the weakest team in the division, like I told Bpo, they have 7-9, 8-8 written all over them.

Need the redskins to lose tonight, but I haven't made my mind up about Thursday...

Need the redskins to lose tonight, but I haven't made my mind up about Thursday...
Are the Giants allowed to blow anyone out? I mean if they don't blowout the Browns then I will be surprised. Your boy Eli right now is regressing.
He doesn't stretch Ds and he has that weapon in OBJ.

Are the Giants allowed to blow anyone out? I mean if they don't blowout the Browns then I will be surprised. Your boy Eli right now is regressing.
I played OL today, what did u expect?

Did you see how fleet of foot Eli was today?? A new dimension.

He had a very good day.

They played a cover 3 and doubled up OBJ.

No complaints.

I played OL today, what did u expect?

Did you see how fleet of foot Eli was today?? A new dimension.

He had a very good day.

They played a cover 3 and doubled up OBJ.

No complaints.

Strong winds and not being allowed a passing down in the fourth quarter (and when it was allowed it was seemingly vanilla play-calling) doesn't help to pad the stat line.

The Giants have issues, barely getting by two bad teams, they better hope they don't take the Browns lightly, they keep them in the game long enough it could backfire on them.

Nah, the wind was crazy. 3 missed extra points and a missed FG.

Man is going to be tough going from America's team to the Jets. I imagine it would be like you and Dasher switching sides on the election.
I actually think Romo will be the QB for Denver or Houston next year.
Elway will demand he take a pay cut to go there. If not then Houston would likely take him as Osweiler blows.

The Giants have issues, barely getting by two bad teams, they better hope they don't take the Browns lightly, they keep them in the game long enough it could backfire on them.

We need to just focus on Washington this week. This would be a huge game to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.