NFL Thread | Page 93 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Moore just ended this game with a bad turnover.
Miami looks a like team rattled.

Not an AFC fan but I don't know how folks can think this Pitt/Miami game is boring. Lots of big plays, big hits and if they don't fumble Miami is one score out heading into halftime. I would take this game any day over the two we had yesterday.

I appreciate Giants fans defending their guy but those teams were carried by their defense. IMO you discredit how good those defenses were by your defending of Eli to the death.

Eli is very good and will get into the HoF for those two rings but he has had more down years than up.

I just looked up the stats and Eli has performed well during the playoffs. Has better stats than Brady.

These character commercials featurning Steve Smith got to go. Out of all the guys they could get to make these commercials they go with him? Was Le'Veon Bell or Odell Beckham not available? Good grief.

All three of these games have been one sided. Hopefully the one coming up will be better. Football is a team sport. It sure as hell it helps to have a good defense if you want to win the Super Bowl. Peyton Manning did nothing when Denver won the Super bowl. Eli is a good quarterback, but there are certainly a good number of other quarterbacks just as good that have never won a Super bowl and some a hell of a lot better like Dan Marino.

Was Morrone or Shafer hired to make fourth down decisions for the Giants? You really punt on 4th and 5 at the 35? Go for it!

GB's secondary is just putrid. The Giants are beating these DBs off the line every time.
Rodgers better score on long drives or this is a blowout.

The Packers only have 7 yards with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter and it's only 6-0.
Giants D dominating.

Rodgers is having a hell of a time finding an open receiver.

I don't know how you could prefer Rivers over Eli. Dude throws absolute ducks. Anyone who's watched Eli over the course of his career would say about 30-40% of the guys interceptions were tipped passes off the hands of his own receivers.

I don't know how you could prefer Rivers over Eli. Dude throws absolute ducks. Anyone who's watched Eli over the course of his career would say about 30-40% of the guys interceptions were tipped passes off the hands of his own receivers.

30-40%?!

GB special teams is the difference so far. They've had a good kick return and some booming punts with no returns that have flipped the field.

Giants have had no decent returns and a couple crappy punts.

30-40%?!

Sounds ridiculous but I've been watching since his rookie year and its uncanny. For every bone headed pick he seems to have one where his receiver just absolutely blows it. This years a different case, but I think 2013 was a prime example of this. The dude couldn't catch a break and he caught A LOT of the flack for his receivers.

Rivers puts up big numbers but is a total hot head and just can't match up against higher level competition. He beats the crap out of weak and mediocre teams and chokes in the clutch.

If we could catch the ball today, it might be 14-0.
When you settle for field goals when you should have touchdowns, it catches up with you. So far, clearly the best game of the playoffs.

Rivers puts up big numbers but is a total hot head and just can't match up against higher level competition. He beats the crap out of weak and mediocre teams and chokes in the clutch.

I'm not a big Rivers guy, but Eli has had a lot better defenses than Rivers. Their winning percentages are nearly identical. The two Super Bowls have covered up a lot of mediocre football by Eli.

Status
Not open for further replies.