nhl is back | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

nhl is back

Lol Twitter is claiming the Rangers ball bounced higher than the rest when they dropped in and that it may have weighed more than the rest and that is why it rose up.

Crazy twitter conspiracy.
Is this kid at the top of the draft a sid Crosby type?

He is best Prospect from Quebec in 15 years.
The stuff I read on him say he is a franchise type player.
Averaged 2 points a game in Juniors which is special and the toughness he showed at the World Jrs. was special.

At the very least the best prospect since Austin Matthews maybe Connor McDavid who is the best player right now.

Sydney Crosby isn’t the expectations you want to put on any kid since he has won 3 cups and has a golden goal in the Olympics.

No, he's not in the tier of Crosby or McDavid. Those were both no doubt franchise centers. He's a winger, so it's impossible for him to have that kind of impact. Wingers can only do so much without a star in the middle and he's joining a team with a superstar wing in Panarin and last year's #2 overall pick Kakko on the wing as well. If he immediately hits the top line with Panarin and Zibanejad though, look out. He could be a 70 point guy immediately with those 2.

No, he's not in the tier of Crosby or McDavid. Those were both no doubt franchise centers. He's a winger, so it's impossible for him to have that kind of impact. Wingers can only do so much without a star in the middle and he's joining a team with a superstar wing in Panarin and last year's #2 overall pick Kakko on the wing as well. If he immediately hits the top line with Panarin and Zibanejad though, look out. He could be a 70 point guy immediately with those 2.
The Rangers future was bright even before today. Looking forward to next year.

The Rangers future was bright even before today. Looking forward to next year.
I'm not a fan but if they are able to move that last year of Lundqvist's deal, even if they have to attach a pick, it would give them a shot to add another big piece.

I'm not a fan but if they are able to move that last year of Lundqvist's deal, even if they have to attach a pick, it would give them a shot to add another big piece.
I think he wants to retire a ranger. They have been trying for a year or so to deal him.

A tier below Crosby and McDavid who were the last two who had reps as generational first overall players entering the draft.

But if you taken the remaining pool of first overall picks the last 20 years, he is arguably at the top of next tier in status.

In terms of status entering the draft, I would say he is very close to the 4 forwards who went #1 between 2007-2010 (Patrick Kane, John Tavares, Steve Stamkos, Taylor Hall). Taylor Hall was probably the most disappointing of the bunch, and he was probably the second highest touted of the group after Tavares.

Last edited:
Leafs ball bounced out and rangers went in.

Leafs bounced completely out of the draft as their pick went to Carolina as it was only top 3 protected I believe. Rough week for the Leafs.

Lightning and Jackets headed to a 5th overtime right now. First time in 17 years to go this far.

Bruins game delayed to tomorrow due to length of this game.

John Tavares leaves the Isles at end of 2018 to go to the Leafs who then become the preseason #3 favourite to win the Cup in 2018/2019, and choke. They then are the #4 favourite for the cup entering 2019/2020, and choke again.

Islanders have 2 series wins in the 2 seasons since he left, and perhaps on the way to 3.
Maple Leafs have none.

This is not necessarily a criticism of John Tavares. It is more a comment that he grass is not always greener on the other side, especially when you deal with the overhyped Leafs. He should have stayed on the Island.

John Tavares leaves the Isles at end of 2018 to go to the Leafs who then become the preseason #3 favourite to win the Cup in 2018/2019, and choke. They then are the #4 favourite for the cup entering 2019/2020, and choke again.

Islanders have 2 series wins in the 2 seasons since he left, and perhaps on the way to 3.
Maple Leafs have none.

This is not necessarily a criticism of John Tavares. It is more a comment that he grass is not always greener on the other side, especially when you deal with the overhyped Leafs. He should have stayed on the Island.
He wanted to go home.

Boston fans losing it on Rask for leaving the bubble. I agree... had the option of opting out before.

Boston fans losing it on Rask for leaving the bubble. I agree... had the option of opting out before.
Your starting goalie for Seattle Kraken Tuukka Rask.

He mentally tapped out after the last game. His postgame comments were really weird.
I don’t have much of a Problem since Haalk is probably the best or close to the best backup in the league but Rask really lost his locker room and fans.

rask has been out of it since he came back.. had a kid didnt want to be there at all.

I don't blame anybody for leaving this year, and would not call them a quitter. Now whether the teammates feel the same -- not sure. I bet you it's a fairly solid split or even slight majority for his choice-- not everyone is heartless.

He tried and probably did not like it. I can accept it.

Last edited:

Probably 90%+ of the fans that are upset now would have been upset if he opted out before the tournament.

Heck we have fans here who are upset and mocking college players that choose to or are considering the opt out... and even some shaming them for speaking up when safety protocol is not as the schoold have touted.

I question the character of some fans -- but not Rask for this personal choice in this trying year.

Last edited:
90%+ of the fans that are upset now would have been upset if he opted out before the tournament.

Heck we have fans here who are upset and mocking college players that choose to opt out... and even some shaming them for speaking up when safety protocol is not quite at the level that schools have touted.

I question the character of some fans -- but not Rask for this personal choice in this trying year.
His postgame comments after game 2 told everyone his head wasn’t in the game.
He said he couldn’t play with intensity of the playoffs because their was no crowd to pump him up or motivate him on the road.

He was mentally tapped out.
I don’t blame any athlete for wanting to opt-out but I am sure his comments kinda pushed the Bruins to have him leave.

Halak is a legit starter so the team can still compete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom