NHL Playoffs Thread | Syracusefan.com

NHL Playoffs Thread

I am thinking OburgOrange would not agree with this take.

That being said, LET'S GO RANGERS!!!

Devils fan here. I watch games and then check the advanced stats on moneypuck to see if my perception watching the game matches what the stats indicate. Rangers came in to the series favored and have the higher "Deserve to Win O'meter" score for all three games - which matches what I thought watching the games.

I'm hoping the Devils can find a way to win this series...but if I had to predict I think the Rangers and Bruins will be in the Eastern Conference championship.

Panthers goalie play has been awful so far and thats hard to win when the other team has the better players as well.

Rangers have looked absolutely pathetic these last two games. A team that’s “built to win” is in serious jeopardy of being knocked out in the 1st round. Not sure what direction they head in if this experiment fails.

If the Rangers lose this series, blow the team up; Panarin and Zibanejad included. The effort has been unforgivable given what was on the line with just one victory at home. You can be ok with it if you play hard. They're not even trying. Considering how much it costs to go to a game at the World's Most Expensive Arena, they should have been booed off of the ice.

The Rangers look cooked. Same old story. If you get physical with them and forecheck them aggressively they wilt.

Rangers have looked absolutely pathetic these last two games. A team that’s “built to win” is in serious jeopardy of being knocked out in the 1st round. Not sure what direction they head in if this experiment fails.

Eh. Pretty much everyone was projecting this to be a 7 game series; that it’s 2-2 after 4 games isn’t a shock. How we got here obviously is though.

What is weird about this series is two good offensive teams are hyper-focused on defense. Most of game 4 after the Devils got the early goal looked like late 90s, dead puck era hockey. I think that’s leading to the “they’re not trying” type comments - it’s an intentionally conservative game plan. If I was coaching either team, I’d let the horses run a bit…but that also help explain why I’m not an NHL coach.

I'll revise my earlier comments - the way the Rangers played in Game 5 was awful; they've gotten worse in every game in this series. If they find a way to pull this series out, it'll show a lot of resilience...if they can't (and especially if they go down in a fashion similar to how they played game 5 - that was about as bad as they could possibly play in the 3rd period) - they probably need a massive retooling of the roster.

I have a college buddy and a bunch of friends who live in Fort Lauderdale. I convinced a large group to go to a Florida Panthers game early this year - most hadn’t ever gone to a hockey game (my college buddy used to go to Sabres games as a kid but hadn’t gone to a game in over 20 years).

Game wasn’t anything special from my view - but they all raved about it. My buddy and another guy took their kids to game 6 and were telling me it was the best sporting event they ever went to and they want to get season tickets next year. Plus they are telling all their other friends and organized an informal viewing party for game 7 at our favorite local sports bar.

I did my part to grow the sport of hockey in South Florida!

Last edited:
Pasternak drills home a meaty, room service rebound from Bobrovsky. Bruins now up, 3-2

I have a college buddy and a bunch of friends who live in Fort Lauderdale. I convinced a large group to go to a Florida Panthers game early this year - most hadn’t ever gone to a hockey game (my college buddy used to go to Sabres games as a kid but hadn’t gone to a game in over 20 years).

Game wasn’t anything special from my view - but they all raved about it. My buddy and another guy took their kids to game 6 and were telling me it was the best sporting event they ever went to and they want to get season tickets next year. Plus they are telling all their other friends and organized an informal viewing party for game 7 at our favorite local sports bar.

I did my part to grow the sport of hockey in South Florida!
been to a few panthers games and know a bunch of fans,, so few know what going go a great hockey event is they cant help but have a good time.. college hockey 100x over an nhl game but playoff hockey miost everywhere is pretty good

This would be like if the 73-9 Warriors lost in the first round, right?
No. Because the bruins are frauds. And it’s hockey. one hot and one cold goalie creates a freaky Friday situation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom