Nice throw by NasSIB. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nice throw by NasSIB.

Last year Nassib was injured, so I won't count that, but the three previous years the G's were 7-9, 6-10, 6-10 and Nassib almost never say the field. Wouldn't you want to put him in to see what he could do? If he played effectively he would have brought some good trade value. But no, someone didn't want any fan and media buzz around a backup. And during those years Eli has been below average.
No team does that. None. The Giants have a franchise QB who is a two time Super bowl MVP. You think they should take him out and put in a guy who was a 4th round draft pick to see if they could build up his trade value? This is heading towards the B1G taking Umass before the ACC gets a chance territory.

No team does that. None. The Giants have a franchise QB who is a two time Super bowl MVP. You think they should take him out and put in a guy who was a 4th round draft pick to see if they could build up his trade value? This is heading towards the B1G taking Umass before the ACC gets a chance territory.
Starting QB's aren't usually left out there all game in big loses or lost seasons as they could get a carrier ending hit for no reason. Most teams like to get their backup some significant work in case he has to become the starter. UMASS just signed a $1.9 million dollar one game deal to Auburn, because the Mass is so valuable.

Starting QB's aren't usually left out there all game in big loses or lost seasons as they could get a carrier ending hit for no reason. Most teams like to get their backup some significant work in case he has to become the starter. UMASS just signed a $1.9 million dollar one game deal to Auburn, because the Mass is so valuable.
lol It's called buying a win

But no, someone didn't want any fan and media buzz around a backup. And during those years Eli has been below average.
Saying "someone", versus specifically naming Eli Manning, are two totally separate hypothesis'.
All due respect, but this "theory" is not only ridiculous, but laughable. JMHO

Saying "someone", versus specifically naming Eli Manning, are two totally separate hypothesis'.
All due respect, but this "theory" is not only ridiculous, but laughable. JMHO
And yet Sean Payton is thinking that maybe Nassib could be his next QB. Just watch what happens in NO.

uspw_5640776.0_standard_730.0.jpg

I smile ear-to-ear every time I see this picture. Brom and Diabate just giving Geno the business.

Yeah, saw that. It's disappointing. I'm seriously hoping the Jets put him on their taxi squad and he works his way forward from there. Lord knows they need QB help. Hey, maybe he'll end up with a Canadian team. Hamilton and Montreal need help there, and I'd be pleased to see him catch on. Hell, Diamond Ferri played for almost ten years here. Anyone remember Ric Cassatta? :)

Last edited:
Jacksonville, Cleveland, or J E T S

Marrone won't take a shot with him. Nassib was not his recruit and with Doug's ego, I just don't see him picking up Ryan. (And the QB issues in Jack may require a more proven solution from the outside.)

Marrone won't take a shot with him. Nassib was not his recruit and with Doug's ego, I just don't see him picking up Ryan. (And the QB issues in Jack may require a more proven solution from the outside.)
Tom is in charge there, and he drafted him in NY.

Tom is in charge there, and he drafted him in NY.

Coughlin wasn't the GM who selected him, it was Reese.

Nassib isn't the answer is he couldn't even lock up the #3 in NO. Canada could be good.

Coughlin wasn't the GM who selected him, it was Reese.

Nassib isn't the answer is he couldn't even lock up the #3 in NO. Canada could be good.
NO is hard to figure. Brees is old and could get hurt and Danials was noticeably limping in the last game.

Just seeing this thread now, jeesh.

Guys, Nassib is not eligible for the practice squad, he was in the active roster for 4 years.

I think the most is 2 years and I believe they count games too.

That ship has sailed for him.

Only thing left for him is when QBs start dropping he can come in on an active roster for that week or longer.

Just seeing this thread now, jeesh.

Guys, Nassib is not eligible for the practice squad, he was in the active roster for 4 years.

I think the most is 2 years and I believe they count games too.

That ship has sailed for him.

Only thing left for him is when QBs start dropping he can come in on an active roster for that week or longer.

Did you read page 1 of this thread? "Eli runs the Giants and doesn't want any competition" is the reason why Nassib was released. Now you know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom