Nik Stauskas very confident | Syracusefan.com

Nik Stauskas very confident

seems like UM is going to really try to beat us from deep... love it..

Every fanbase we've encountered all tournament long has been confident about their team's ability to score on us.

That's the same thing James says, I don't think it's a big deal really.

This game is pretty simple; if Michigan hits their deep 3s at a good rate, they win; if they are bombing from deep and end up like 5/25, we win.

they can make a good amount, but not sure they can even stop us
I hope, I keep thinking back to Wisconsin lst year, but UM has alot more ways to score than UM did. I think we can put up 75 against them, but our chances to win significantly decrease the higher scoring it is. We need to keep it in the 50s.

stauskas going 6-6 against florida was the best thing for us. all those looks were wide open. hes gonna be expecting the same thing. hes gonna be in for a rude awakening!

Opponents in this tourney are shooting 14-92(15%) from three on us in this tournament. So best of luck with that "roam around and find the spot you like" stuff, Nik.

Well duh, of course he's confident you don't make the final four without being a damn good team and having a lot of confidence.

Just like I'd bet if somebody asked James if he was going to have a good shooting day, he'd say of course, the guy guarding me is going to be at least 3 inches shorter, so of course ill go off...

keep stauskas from getting good looks in that left corner area and he will have a tough time. I love that just about everybody is picking michigan and louisville. There is very much a possibility wich st could win. If they do I like our chances even more as a young UM team could get over-eager seeing the hypothetical underdog in the tourney winning.

Opponents in this tourney are shooting 14-92(15%) from three on us in this tournament. So best of luck with that "roam around and find the spot you like" stuff, Nik.

I wonder how much inexperience will factor into how they execute against the zone on Saturday. They start three frosh [Robinson, Staukus, and McGary], a soph and a junior.

Obviously, Burke is sensational, but I wonder if they'll get into some funky execution as a function of inexperience.

I hope so.

Let's Go Orange!!!

I hope, I keep thinking back to Wisconsin lst year, but UM has alot more ways to score than UM did. I think we can put up 75 against them, but our chances to win significantly decrease the higher scoring it is. We need to keep it in the 50s.
Keep them in the 50's maybe. Not sure a 55-53 type game plays in our favor, especially given our less than stellar free throw performance.

im borderline giddy about this matchup. i love that michigan has been scoring alot of points. i love that michigan just blew out florida. i love that michigan is YOUNG. i guarantee theyre feeling that no team can stop them. just from stauskas quote "they have length and stuff like that." stuff like that lol. hes got no clue what hes about to face. theyre gonna stuff their pants when they see our zone. that deer in the headlights look is coming from them.

im never this confident but i really think we roll.

The more and more I sit back and look at this game the more comfortable I feel with us. It seems we are still being a bit under estimated. I love our chances. What was IU supposed to do against our zone?? Hit 3s and shred it? They went what...3-15? People underestimate our length and close out on shooters.

Depending on who they put Nik on, that person whether it be CJ or James, they will have a great night I feel.
The one Michigan fan that I was talking to on here said he was more worried about Hardaway getting lost...

Every player on every team should be confident. This really isn't a big deal.

I wonder how much inexperience will factor into how they execute against the zone on Saturday. They start three frosh [Robinson, Staukus, and McGary], a soph and a junior.

Obviously, Burke is sensational, but I wonder if they'll get into some funky execution as a function of inexperience.

I hope so.

Let's Go Orange!!!

The zone is one defense that is not something for a bunch of freshman/sophomores to be able to shred. Even UK last year when they face zones had a talented SR in Miller who would get in the middle to help them break a zone. Add to that they had a lot of 2 year guys as well in Jones etc.

I think youth will play a big factor in this one simply due to the patience that is required to be successful. I am hoping they think they can just shoot over it because the longer it takes them to find offensive flow via moving the ball the less likely it will happen.

I hope so.

Let's Go Orange!!!
I believe this is highly likely and I'm surprised it doesn't get more media attention.

comments are pretty hilarious on that article. "We have never faced a team with 4 sharp shooters like Michigan?" IU had 3 guys shooting 43% or above on the year and we shut them down.

That's the same thing James says, I don't think it's a big deal really.

This game is pretty simple; if Michigan hits their deep 3s at a good rate, they win; if they are bombing from deep and end up like 5/25, we win.

Yep and why wouldn't any opposing player act confident. A recipe for failure if you don't. It's not like he disrespected us or anything.

I hope so.

Let's Go Orange!!!

I think this is frankly the biggest factor in our favor. I would suspect it picks up steam moving towards Sat. I would think Bilas and those guys will mention it whenever they have their preview show.