No game thread for Pitt yet? This is the game thread | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

No game thread for Pitt yet? This is the game thread

I still don't understand the offensive foul call at the end there. Said it was on BJ but they never showed the foul. Did anyone actually see it?

The foul was on Rak but did not result in free throws. Be then committed a foul on the ensuing inbound play.

If I was Rak, I'd go right outside the Dome and push one of them blue lights.

The play where we had it and our shot - Rak was late (or G left early) and committed a foul in the open clear as day. The rest of it is the rest of it but we had our shot.

If they actually called that consistently, there's no problem. Pitt sets about 55 moving screens per game just like that. They wait until there's 30 seconds left in a 1 point game to call it.

The foul was on Rak but did not result in free throws. Be then committed a foul on the ensuing inbound play.

Just saw that on the play by play feed from ESPN. Don't know how I missed that.

G left before Rak could get there. Inexperience playing the point in tight games I'd guess.

yes. im still confused. foul was called on BJ johnson, not Rak. either the refs are unable to determine the difference between BJ and Rak and erroneously gave it to BJ (not surprising given their limited vision) or BJ did something nobody but the refs saw

If they actually called that consistently, there's no problem. Pitt sets about 55 moving screens per game just like that. They wait until there's 30 seconds left in a 1 point game to call it.

Also Raks timing was off by the blatant hold on his way to set the screen.

Just saw that on the play by play feed from ESPN. Don't know how I missed that.

G left before Rak could get there. Inexperience playing the point in tight games I'd guess.

They were showing a replay and came in late by that point by had already committed the foul.

If you really take the time to go back and watch it, Rak got to the spot and established position. As said above, Pitt does that 50+ times a game.

If you really take the time to go back and watch it, Rak got to the spot and established position. As said above, Pitt does that 50+ times a game.

I think you're right. It looked bad because the Pitt guy tried to take Rak's lower leg with him. Probably was going to use it to club G from behind...

yup but rak was called for extending his knee slightly, i have such low expectations for these refs but even i am in disbelief. its like those refs know SU cant make the postseason so they wanted to keep Pitts chances alive singlehandedly

Problem is unlike the rest of the bang bang stuff that play was a deliberate set out in the open...the rest blew of course but it's the one time we controlled our fate with the 2 guys we can trust.

If you could harness the energy from the frustration Rak feels when he gets clobbered in the paint, you could power Manlius for 6 months.

It's amazing - watching that kid get hammered for 40 minutes, and then seeing some of the ticky-tack nonsense that is called...makes you wonder.

It reminds me of Shaq's old complaints early in his career that everyone just assaulted him in the lane and because he was so strong, and could absorb it all, they just let it happen. Rak seems to be getting that treatment, which is just bizarre, because he ain't Shaq.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom