No guarantee this is academics. | Syracusefan.com

No guarantee this is academics.

Orangemen

All Conference
Could be more along the lines of improper benefits and agents type stuff.

Don't know if that makes it better or worse, but it might be early to be killing JB for running a lax academic ship here.

I didn't think improper benefits would fall under the student privacy policy. That's what leads me to believe this is academic.

I didn't think improper benefits would fall under the student privacy policy. That's what leads me to believe this is academic.
The timing certainly screams academics, so that may be it.

Whatever, another year another sh@tstorm, that's our price of success.

The timing certainly screams academics, so that may be it.

Whatever, another year another sh@tstorm, that's our price of success.

Nonsense, success and drama don't have to be correlated.

I think everything falls under the student privacy policy. We just hear about things because the leak out.

I think everything falls under the student privacy policy. We just hear about things because the leak out.

I believe the school's official comment referenced federal student privacy laws. That only covers academics from what I understand. I could be wrong though.

My first thought was academics as well, but the timing isn't right?
If South was academically ineligible he would have been able to play today but not as of Monday. (classes start)
At least that is the way I remember, or was it once winter classes are posted. One of the 2.

As a second semester senior he would need 84 passing credit hours at a 2.0. This sounds like a lot but he should have 105 credits at this point without ever taking summer school. My gut says it's not academics.

I believe the school's official comment referenced federal student privacy laws. That only covers academics from what I understand. I could be wrong though.
Positive urine test would also be covered.

I think that would read "violation of athletic department rules"?
True, 'violation of team rules' can mean that, or being late/no-show to practice, or mouthing off to the coach or a lot of things. Don't get me wrong, it smells like a first semester course issue, but I'm leaving this open for other possibilities.

Could be more along the lines of improper benefits and agents type stuff.

Don't know if that makes it better or worse, but it might be early to be killing JB for running a lax academic ship here.
JB knows all about how athletes get by at Syracuse. I know quite a bit having been there in a class with him and other recognizable names from the past. Lets just say that knowing the subject matter isn't a high requist to getting a passing grade. I won't go any further as it was a long time ago and its pointless at this time other than the facts of life and athletes in college.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom