No Jalen Carey threads? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

No Jalen Carey threads?

JC showed flashes of his potential last night. Most players don't play big minutes in their Freshman season and this was clearly a development year. Had Battle remained in the draft, Carey would have played a lot more this season. I am excited to watch Jalen next year as the starting PG. We haven't seen a PG with that type of handle and explosiveness since Flynn.

He can put pressure on Ds via presentation. We need this kid

JC showed flashes of his potential last night. Most players don't play big minutes in their Freshman season and this was clearly a development year. Had Battle remained in the draft, Carey would have played a lot more this season. I am excited to watch Jalen next year as the starting PG. We haven't seen a PG with that type of handle and explosiveness since Flynn.

I really don’t see the handle, even taking decision making out of it.

It’s ok, but not great IMO. He couldn’t even bring the ball up the court against UConn.

Great athlete though. I think he’s a 2 guard.

He’s got the speed to play PG, but the handle and decision making need to improve.

Still, with 2 guards in front of him moving on, he should see a ton of minutes next year.

For the few minutes he played, with I think his role providing our guards some additional rest, he did very well. Had one three hit in his eyes because he got there late but still had a hand up (and it was the other guard's side of the floor). He absolutely should get minutes tonight for the same purpose

I really don’t see the handle, even taking decision making out of it.

It’s ok, but not great IMO. He couldn’t even bring the ball up the court against UConn.

Great athlete though. I think he’s a 2 guard.

He’s got the speed to play PG, but the handle and decision making need to improve.

Still, with 2 guards in front of him moving on, he should see a ton of minutes next year.

I actually think his handle is good. I think he just is still trying to do some BS that he got away with in HS from time to time.

Also, the rest of the players we have on our team have bad handles. Legit bad. Some have better court awareness that can mitigate a poor handle, but no one has a good handle that plays big minutes. Battle is fine. Everyone else is ehhh. Even Battle's handle I'm a little concerned about.

I actually think his handle is good. I think he just is still trying to do some BS that he got away with in HS from time to time.

Also, the rest of the players we have on our team have bad handles. Legit bad. Some have better court awareness that can mitigate a poor handle, but no one has a good handle that plays big minutes. Battle is fine. Everyone else is ehhh. Even Battle's handle I'm a little concerned about.

Yeah, maybe it’s better than I’m giving him credit for because the results haven’t been there.

But Johnny Flynn handles...that’s a a different level. Even as a freshman when he could get really crazy out there, the ball handling skill was obvious. He could get wherever he wanted to on the court.

He wouldn’t have had any trouble bringing the ball up against this year’s UConn.

For the few minutes he played, with I think his role providing our guards some additional rest, he did very well. Had one three hit in his eyes because he got there late but still had a hand up (and it was the other guard's side of the floor). He absolutely should get minutes tonight for the same purpose

The one thing that is striking to me is just the level of athleticism he has out there. You can just see in his movements and speed that he is really a level above a lot of the other guys. Not saying he's not making mistakes and trying to use that athleticism to recover, but he's definitely someone that can be on the floor athletically with anyone.

The one thing that is striking to me is just the level of athleticism he has out there. You can just see in his movements and speed that he is really a level above a lot of the other guys. Not saying he's not making mistakes and trying to use that athleticism to recover, but he's definitely someone that can be on the floor athletically with anyone.

Yup. It just pops off the screen.

I think once he gains some experience and tightens up a few things skill-wise and the decision making matures, he will be a phenomenal player.

Everybody is always in a hurry, “one and done”, wanting to play Varsity as an 8th or 9th grader, whatever...sometimes people just gotta calm down and let it happen. You can’t really speed up every process. Sometimes it just takes time to really find your niche and put it all together.

He had the one fast break which is what he needs to do. He played solid defense - he got sucked in too far a few times, but correctable. What is MUCH more concerning is that he still cannot hold on to the ball in any kind of traffic. That won't cut it next year. Goodine better be ready. Razor thin depth here.
I think Carey and Goodine could be an interesting PG rotation next season. Could be like sophomore Scoop and freshman Triche and give us a nice change up. Plus one of them could move to SG when Buddy is resting. I think Goodine is going to be good and Carey has big upside.

I think Carey and Goodine could be an interesting PG rotation next season. Could be like sophomore Scoop and freshman Triche and give us a nice change up. Plus one of them could move to SG when Buddy is resting. I think Goodine is going to be good and Carey has big upside.

We know they won’t all play once conference play hits, but I like the depth and combination of players in the backcourt as far as having guys that can do different things.

You’ve got two guys who can really shoot it...one more of a catch and shoot guy from 3, the other who seems to shoot it off the dribble more and from deep. You’ve got a pure PG. You’ve got two super athletic guys who can probably play some at both spots if needed.

Having some depth and options and guys with different skill sets will be nice. It will be a very young group, but there is promise for the future IMo.

Kid's handle may not be quite up to snuff as of yet, but I like his aggressiveness and downhill play. Carey's played just about 450 minutes less than Frank this season, but has taken 2 more free throws than Frank. Part of that is his aggression, part being the fact that Frank can't beat his man off the bounce and get in the lane. If JC can clean up his handle, he will be a dangerous weapon at some point.

I'm shocked.

Gave a decent 7 minutes. Almost a couple of oh shts but it worked out fine. You could sort of see him gain some confidence and it was good the team started to grab mo when he was on the court.
irony alert

H Washington is a med redshirt but if he practices Id have him on JC and in his face ..and Frank too ..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom