No matter what I am proud of Mike Hopkins rotation this first half | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

No matter what I am proud of Mike Hopkins rotation this first half

Hop is doing fine with what he has. Everyone acts like jimbo would have won some of these games...the fact of the matter is it's the players...when shots don't fall and other teams shoot 50% from 3 then we won't win. I may have done a few things differently with lineups and whatever but hop knows the players and their skills better than any of us. I'm looking forward to jb coming back but I really think hop will do a great job in a few years.

There is going to be a huge turnover in the college basketball coaching landscape the next five years. If Hopkins doesn't get the job here, he will be coaching another Power 5 or Big East school.

I guess that would mean goodbye to the entire coaching and support staff we currently have. It would mean a complete program overhaul, something the current Administration probably wants to avoid as they see it not needed with a new AD in place. Just an opinion.

Totally nit picking here, but an established coach wouldn't be an "unknown." It would be somebody with a track record of success commensurate with being qualified to interview for an elite job. To me, that's even less of a gamble than going with an unproven coach.
I get it. But they'd be an unknown recruiting here, bringin their philosophy to SU etc. just because a guy can coach at VCU doesn't mean he can here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom