no oscar talk at all?

upperdeck

Living Legend
Has everyone given up watching movies?

Not unexpected that Oppie won so much

Emma wins again but haven't seen that one

Wanted Giamati to win.

No idea what the appeal to Eilish is.

While I didn't think Ken song was that interesting. The presentation of it was fun.

Randolph winning was nice, she was good in that rol.e

Watched the whole show but didn’t have my tablet with me to do a game thread. Liked the presentation of best actor and actress using past winners. Thought it was kind of cheesy at first, but it was well done.

Kimmel did a decent job, as usual.

The win and speech by the Ukrainian documentarian was powerful.

John Mulaney is always funny.

My take on last night:
Robert Deniro and Al Pacino have become really old!
And Scorsese is a generation older! His wife looks like a walking mummy.

Has everyone given up watching movies?

Not unexpected that Oppie won so much

Emma wins again but haven't seen that one

Wanted Giamati to win.

No idea what the appeal to Eilish is.

While I didn't think Ken song was that interesting. The presentation of it was fun.

Randolph winning was nice, she was good in that rol.e
I was pretty surprised and happy for Emma Stone's win. Her performance was my favorite from any actor or actress this year.

Thought the lovely Ariana Grande should’ve red-shirted. Needs another year in S&C.

I was pretty surprised and happy for Emma Stone's win. Her performance was my favorite from any actor or actress this year.
Carey Mulligan was amazing. I can’t believe she has not won yet, but Stone already has two.

Watched the whole show but didn’t have my tablet with me to do a game thread. Liked the presentation of best actor and actress using past winners. Thought it was kind of cheesy at first, but it was well done.

Kimmel did a decent job, as usual.

The win and speech by the Ukrainian documentarian was powerful.

John Mulaney is always funny.
I didn’t care for the self-indulgent fellating. They tried that a few years ago. Didn’t care for it back then either.

The “In Memoriam” segment was a mess.

Also, you should never let an aging, semi-retired actor with agoraphobia announce the biggest award of the night.

My take on last night:
Robert Deniro and Al Pacino have become really old!
De Niro’s still sharp. He was great on Maher the other night.

Alright. You Want Oscar Talk. Here's Some Oscar Talk:

New and Innovative Academy Award Categories Added for 2024

And the Oscar Goes To:
  • Best Undergarment in a Supporting Role – Tie. Dolly Parton’s brassiere and Dwayne Johnson’s jockstrap
  • Best Animated Short Subject – Danny DeVito
  • Most Unforgivable Sin – Aging
  • Best Original Score – That night Frank Sinatra nailed Marilyn Monroe in the back of his Cadillac
  • Number of Movies in Which Tommy Lee Jones Appears Youthful – None
  • Movies in Which There Are Gay People pre-1970 – None of them. None at all, except for Rock Hudson movies (although we didn’t know it at the time)
  • Best Adapted Screenplay Drawn from an Original Book, Painting or Poem Pertaining to a Cosmically Big Concept Existing Outside of Time that Bespeaks Something About Love or Creation or Some Type of Transcendent Experience That Could Never Really Happen on Earth, But is Made Into Some Indecipherable Movie Anyway that Bombs, but Later Develops a “Cult” Following – Sorry, I forgot what I was saying. Where were we now?
  • Worst Play on Words When Louis B Mayer Won an Oscar – Making Him an Oscar-Mayer Weiner

Notes: Eligibility for the In Memoriam section has been lowered to include people that are very sick.

For more visit my non-monetized Website

Watched Poor Things the other night on Hulu. At first I really didn’t like it, but kept watching. By the end, I thought it was interesting. Emma Stone was excellent in what had to be a difficult role to act (and, IMO, it was Oscar-worthy). Willem Dafoe was great, as usual. Mark Ruffalo was in a very different role, but hallmarks of his acting style shown through. I’d recommend seeing it, but it definitely isn’t for everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom