Noel - fwiw | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Noel - fwiw

Doesn't Noel have school to attend?

Most of these kids go from tourney to tourney. I have wondered the same thing. I watched Dominic Artis play three games last week in DC and then fly to NO for the All American game. He goes to Findlay Prep which from what I remember hearing is comprised of only 12 students, which are all hoops players. Not sure they are totally focused on academics there as opposed to athletics.

I had a epiphany when i woke up today. And as much as i want Nerlens on this team and what Cuse fan would not. The more and more i have gotten to watch DC2 play the more calm i have become to possibility that we might not get Nerlens. And still with the core players we have next year and add in DC2 and Grant we will still be pretty good. So that is what my thinking is now.

But for the record. This thread should any cuse fan not read to much into it

Most of these kids go from tourney to tourney. I have wondered the same thing. I watched Dominic Artis play three games last week in DC and then fly to NO for the All American game. He goes to Findlay Prep which from what I remember hearing is comprised of only 12 students, which are all hoops players. Not sure they are totally focused on academics there as opposed to athletics.

All of this prep stuff is a joke. They are and should be called basketball factories not prep schools. Here is an article on Findlay Prep in particular.

http://www.masslive.com/hoophallclassic/index.ssf/2011/01/findlay_prep.html

A typical school day for the Findlay players starts with a morning practice from nine to 11, followed by class from 11 to 12. After a short lunch break, classes resume until three. The day concludes with a weight training session from three to four before the players return home to study.
"Everybody thinks its not like a regular school," senior guard Nick Johnson said."But I always tell everybody its way harder than my old high school, just for shits and giggles. This school is a joke."

I had a epiphany when i woke up today. And as much as i want Nerlens on this team and what Cuse fan would not. The more and more i have gotten to watch DC2 play the more calm i have become to possibility that we might not get Nerlens. And still with the core players we have next year and add in DC2 and Grant we will still be pretty good. So that is what my thinking is now.

What?

Fwiw we were on bourbon st. Last nite and saw lots of enibriated people, beads and titties : )

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
I think I saw you on TV. Were you wearing a flattop?

A typical school day for the Findlay players starts with a morning practice from nine to 11, followed by class from 11 to 12. After a short lunch break, classes resume until three. The day concludes with a weight training session from three to four before the players return home to study.
"Everybody thinks its not like a regular school," senior guard Nick Johnson said."But I always tell everybody its way harder than my old high school, just for shits and giggles. This school is a joke."

Those factory schools are a joke. In addition to their tailored schedule, it's not like the school possesses any students that are really going to raise the bar and challenge the teachers academically. Thus, the teachers can and do teach to the lowest common denominator.

Yes we wore flat tops at the allstar game, and met dave telep recruiting analyst. Nice guy, came up to us as soon as we got to our seats wearing orange. Asked if we had flat tops and if we were going to wear them. I told him yes we will do anything to help get n erlens noel. He said you guys are nuts. Lol

He said their average GPA in college is a 2.3 and that's something to be proud of? Are you kidding be? A C+ average makes you proud? You need a 2.0 to be eligible, yet the average is barely 2.3... throw in some 3.0s and 3.4s and there is a good number of flunking college athletes that make you "proud". smh

Yes we wore flat tops at the allstar game, and met dave telep recruiting analyst. Nice guy, came up to us as soon as we got to our seats wearing orange. Asked if we had flat tops and if we were going to wear them. I told him yes we will do anything to help get n erlens noel. He said you guys are nuts. Lol

You were on TV with the guy you were with. You're famous

Jamal Mashburn was shown wearing a Syracuse shirt in Athlon magazine prior to him signing with Kentucky!

Mashburn, who played at Cardinal Hayes HS in NYC, wore that Syracuse sweatshirt a lot. He was a heavy SU lean and the staff thought they had him locked up. Then a week before the signing period, Pitino who was fired as Knicks coach, was hired by UK. He called Mashburn at home and told him he wanted him to play for him at UK. He sent a private jet to bring him down for a recruiting visit. The kid was so ga-ga that the coach of his hometown Knicks wanted him, that he committed to UK in short order. The rest is history.

LOL

Posters on this forum crack me up.

If it was reported that he had been seen with a buch of SU fans wearing a Syracuse shirt...would you have thought that was "good"?

I know I would have.

44cuse

images

As a Bulls fan, I'm ok with that.

You should be -- he's everything that this year's surefire #1 pick, Anthony Davis, wishes he could be.

You should be -- he's everything that this year's surefire #1 pick, Anthony Davis, wishes he could be.
That's what I keep hearing. That Davis kid is to Noel what Brandon Reese is to Bjorn Calderon.

I think hell just froze over and I think I just saw a pig fly. Also, I guess the world IS ending on Dec 21!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom