North Carolina Gameday... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

North Carolina Gameday...

Can’t win faceoffs + wide open shots + keeper a net negative on the day = bad

Yup, can't rely on Mark to save 18+ every week. It's not a recipe for success.

UNC has some nice shooters for sure, but this is an absolutely embarrassing defensive performance so far. Back to last year looking totally confused with help defense.

Maybe we’ll see them try someone else at face off late 4th quarter?

I don't think we have a FOGO on the bench who would do any better.

Shame that we couldn't convince Tommy Burke to transfer here next year. Or even this year.

To many issues still, X play below average, way to many penalties and issues clearing. They miss Aviles a lot, need him back asap.

Aviles is good but he wouldn’t change much I don’t think. This defense is just getting toyed with all over the field. Caccamo allowed Goldsmith to catch the ball and traffic and then knock him over with his stick even though Goldsmith is 6’4. Murphy getting dusted right before half. Olexo is invisible today. Kol getting battered by Mattan who hasn’t done much of anything this year.

I have no idea why the shorties are guarding midfielders 30 yards away from the goal. Each time the UNC guy beats his man and starts a slide. Each time! I dont watch a ton of lacrosse but enough to know I don’t see anyone else playing defense like Syracuse does today.

UNC has been pretty mediocre on offense this season and SU is making them look like the ‘90 Orange. I don’t know if it’s coaching or players but neither one looks good right now.

Sick and tired of this crap.

mean even olexo don’t seem to be his aggressive self running around like lunatic. they look tired and playing off to much. play up on them stop giving them 4-6 yards of room to run before even engage. Mark been beat near post while hugging it high 3 times. Defense play body stop going for stick play the body. With how faceoffs going and only scoring 3 goals that isn’t man up worries me if can make come back. Poor showing in this game first unc does not look well. I like switch of simmons to mid but not that it was kirst who went down. Better come out second half with some very good adjustments and changes. Also can we please pick up ground balls cleanly n stop botching then just for unc to grab it.

Aviles is good but he wouldn’t change much I don’t think. This defense is just getting toyed with all over the field. Caccamo allowed Goldsmith to catch the ball and traffic and then knock him over with his stick even though Goldsmith is 6’4. Murphy getting dusted right before half. Olexo is invisible today. Kol getting battered by Mattan who hasn’t done much of anything this year.

I have no idea why the shorties are guarding midfielders 30 yards away from the goal. Each time the UNC guy beats his man and starts a slide. Each time! I dont watch a ton of lacrosse but enough to know I don’t see anyone else playing defense like Syracuse does today.

UNC has been pretty mediocre on offense this season and SU is making them look like the ‘90 Orange. I don’t know if it’s coaching or players but neither one looks good right now.

Sick and tired of this crap.

Good points. I'd go to Dwan for Kol in the 2nd half. Figueiras injury has loomed large the last 2 weeks

slap a jersey on bergeron or okechukwu and march them to the middle.

mean even olexo don’t seem to be his aggressive self running around like lunatic. they look tired and playing off to much. play up on them stop giving them 4-6 yards of room to run before even engage. Mark been beat near post while hugging it high 3 times. Defense play body stop going for stick play the body. With how faceoffs going and only scoring 3 goals that isn’t man up worries me if can make come back. Poor showing in this game first unc does not look well. I like switch of simmons to mid but not that it was kirst who went down. Better come out second half with some very good adjustments and changes. Also can we please pick up ground balls cleanly n stop botching then just for unc to grab it.

Thomson should be at attack, hes the guy to drop down. He's being wasted at the midfield.

#BringBackDesko

Hopefully some halftime changes and maybe they can get some momentum. I wanted to give him a couple games but I don't think Richiusa is the answer on face offs. Like JC has said for a while now, let's give another guy a chance as you can't be doing any worse.

Defense needs to get back to how they started the year, aggressive, trust each other, and communicate. Hopefully Mark starts seeing the ball better.

Offense has stagnated from motion to standing around. Need to start moving again to get the UNC defense moving.

Watching this is good practice for the Pitt BB game.

offense wins highlight films...defense wins games.

At work so I can’t watch or listen why are we not trying a pole on the face off ? Who is on the wings if no pole can take face offs maybe double pole the wings I have never been a fan of Petro’s slide happy defenses and Syracuse may not have the talent to win individual matchups doesn’t leave much for options

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom