not great news for Rak | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

not great news for Rak

I guarantee Love is telling himself things like "It's cool. I don't have to live in Cleveland in the offseason," and "Lebron and I will figure it out," and "Staying in the East, we should definitely get to the Finals again."

I guarantee Love is telling himself things like "It's cool. I don't have to live in Cleveland in the offseason," and "Lebron and I will figure it out," and "Staying in the East, we should definitely get to the Finals again."

Probably more like "Well at least Lebron will pass me the ball, Kobe wouldn't do that", and "If people in this town love Nick Swisher, I'm going to rack up plenty of endorsements", and most importantly "Can't wait to ride Segways to games with JR next year, do they have options for snow tires?"

Probably more like "Well at least Lebron will pass me the ball, Kobe wouldn't do that", and "If people in this town love Nick Swisher, I'm going to rack up plenty of endorsements", and most importantly "Can't wait to ride Segways to games with JR next year, do they have options for snow tires?"
The severe injury and roller coaster first year aside, Love has done pretty well for himself since heading to the Rust Belt: the cover of GQ, a national ad campaign (for chocolate milk) and a spot in the ESPN body issue. Plus, $110 mill and a spot on one of the league's elite teams.

As for JR, I get the sense he's not gonna be riding his Phunkee Duck around Cleveland next season, I think he mighta cooked his golden goose with his TKO of Crowder and some other lame-brain, loose-cannon behavior during the playoffs. LBJ has no time for knuckleheads (see: Dion Waiters).

I think his odds of making the team have gone up as they'll need to have some cheap rookie contracts at the end of the bench with all these big deals in place
This and it's not insignificant that he went top of the 2nd round, vs. bottom of the first.
Perkins is gone (too expensive) and Haywood is gone (his contract is very valuable to teams in the arcane world of NBA Salary cap).

cavs were better without love. Bad move

what if they had wiggins in the playoffs? could he have made the difference?

The problem with the NBA is that its a winter league. Thats why players want to live in the warm weather climates so bad. Who cares if you are a baseball player and you get traded to some northern team..its not that cold when you have to live there.

imagine you are from Cali..and you have to spend the coldest moths of the year in cleveland or detroit or minny...

most of us are from the cold climates so we dont get it. but after living in warm climates for over ten years now..the people down here physically could not deal with the we grew up with. they just couldnt. If it rains a bit hard here..people pull off to the side of the road.

im like, ..as long as there isnt ice on the road, i dont have to actually see the road..i can figure out where its going based on the surroundings.

let these fools head up to the tug hill plateau and deal with that crap i used to drive through on the regular.

what if they had wiggins in the playoffs? could he have made the difference?
Maybe, but having Kyrie or Love would've been more crucial. Or Anthony Bennett and Dion.

The problem with the NBA is that its a winter league. Thats why players want to live in the warm weather climates so bad. Who cares if you are a baseball player and you get traded to some northern team..its not that cold when you have to live there.

imagine you are from Cali..and you have to spend the coldest moths of the year in cleveland or detroit or minny...

most of us are from the cold climates so we dont get it. but after living in warm climates for over ten years now..the people down here physically could not deal with the . . . . we grew up with. they just couldnt. If it rains a bit hard here..people pull off to the side of the road.

im like, . . . . ..as long as there isnt ice on the road, i dont have to actually see the road..i can figure out where its going based on the surroundings.

let these fools head up to the tug hill plateau and deal with that crap i used to drive through on the regular.

I honestly don't think the majority of players give a crap about what the winter weather is like in the city they play in. Basketball is an indoor sport. The season is long without much downtime. Most of their time will be spent indoors, at the practice facility or at the arena. It's not like the guys in Miami are hanging out at the beach all day every day during the season.

I honestly don't think the majority of players give a crap about what the winter weather is like in the city they play in. Basketball is an indoor sport. The season is long without much downtime. Most of their time will be spent indoors, at the practice facility or at the arena. It's not like the guys in Miami are hanging out at the beach all day every day during the season.

Exactly what I was thinking. They are working during the winter. Now their wives and families might hate it (if they have them), but they can live at the offseason house and visit occasionally. The players are too busy to worry about what's outside.

You are way off on this one. Its not about whether the game is indoors or not, its about having to deal with the elements on a daily basis. And if their families hate it, it will make them not want to deal with it either, as they would have to put up with the incessant whining.

You are way off on this one. Its not about whether the game is indoors or not, its about having to deal with the elements on a daily basis. And if their families hate it, it will make them not want to deal with it either, as they would have to put up with the incessant whining.
I dunno.
Can't recall ever hearing an NBA player turning down a deal because he didn't like the weather in the team's town.
In any case, what are they whining about?
It's not like they have to be in Syracuse for the winter.

I dunno.
Can't recall ever hearing an NBA player turning down a deal because he didn't like the weather in the team's town.
In any case, what are they whining about?
It's not like they have to be in Syracuse for the winter.
Try Minneapolis winter weather. Or Chicago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom