Not one player in Richard Vitales All Rolls Royce team | Syracusefan.com

Not one player in Richard Vitales All Rolls Royce team

I hope this gets the boys worked up. From the sounds of practice reports, they are ready to hit the ground running. The one concern I had, along with many other people, was so many new players learning how to play with each other. This is going to be a fun ride.

I hope this gets the boys worked up. From the sounds of practice reports, they are ready to hit the ground running. The one concern I had, along with many other people, was so many new players learning how to play with each other. This is going to be a fun ride.
Agree. I had the same concern, however I was pleased to hear Andrew White has come in all business. That should permeate throughout the team, only helped by the disrespect in the polls. May be some growing pains, but as long as the kinks are worked out by March, we should be in for something fun.

Not even Tyler Lydon? LMAO! He had five teams and didn't even name him . I don't think I've ever looked forward to a season as much as this one.
Unveiling college basketball's All-Rolls Royce teams
Same as it ever was, same as it ever was ;)
9faebce8d0cf763101186fb46caa920f.jpg

1996: Vitale announces his All-America first team. He goes to great length that he doesn't like AA teams that just pick the five best players. He is old fashioned and he picks them by position- the best center, the best power forward, the best small forward, the best shooting guard and the best point guard. I'm all excited because this means that we are about to hear Dick Vitale pick a Syracuse player - John Wallace, power forward- for his first team All Americans. He isn't going to choose both Marcus Canby and Tim Duncan, who are both centers.

He goes through the guards and the small forward. Then he picked Duncan at power forward "because that's what he'll be in the pros" and Camby at center. No John Wallace., who was to our Final Four team that year what Jim Brown was to our '56 Cotton bowl team- basically the whole reason we were any good, (we wouldn't have won 10 --- games without him!).

:confused::mad::(:vomit::bang::blah::crazy::bat:Oh Lord

I am actually impressed with Vitale. He very rarely displays any true knowledge that exceeds that of the normal fan of college basketball. However he has made a career out of it, and in many cases is considered an expert

Very hard to see the logic here. Only three teams get more than one nomination. Villanova is understandable. Kansas - OK perennially strong. Oregon - uh, dunno about that. Yeah they won the Pac-12 but will they this year?

And BIZARRE choices re individual players. Ivan Rabb of Cal on the first team? REALLY? He only made the 2nd team PAC-12 squad last season fer Chrissakes! Does anyone here know what he did in the off season to justify the Superman-like leap?

Lots more weird crapola like this IMO.

Very hard to see the logic here. Only three teams get more than one nomination. Villanova is understandable. Kansas - OK perennially strong. Oregon - uh, dunno about that. Yeah they won the Pac-12 but will they this year?

And BIZARRE choices re individual players. Ivan Rabb of Cal on the first team? REALLY? He only made the 2nd team PAC-12 squad last season fer Chrissakes! Does anyone here know what he did in the off season to justify the Superman-like leap?

Lots more weird crapola like this IMO.
I'm not expecting a Superman-like leap, but I do expect to see him improve on last season. Keep in mind that Rabb was only a freshman last year so 2nd team PAC-12 is an accomplishment. He averaged 12.5 and 8.6 while posting 12 double-doubles. He's a throwback big with a well developed post game. When he gets the ball in the post he is very decisive going to the hoop and can finish through contact. Rabb only shot 67% from the free throw line but is I think he will be up around 72-75% this season. On defense he plays smart and keeps his hands up. He can be disruptive on the defensive side of the ball and posted 10 games with multiple blocks.

Rabb had to share the rock with four other good to very good players last season and all five averaged at least 10 points. Of that group only Rabb and Jabari Bird(10.4 ppg) are returning this season so there will be more opportunities to score this season. I could see Rabb averaging something like 17 ppg, 11 rpg, and 2 bpg. They aren't otherworldly numbers, but looking at all the other big guys the options are limited and I think Rabb could be the best big man in college this season.

Wow, two Badgers on his list. That game at Wisconsin could be very tough.
Missed that then.

But it's Dickie V's list so take it with salt. And maybe blood pressure pills. :)

I'm not expecting a Superman-like leap, but I do expect to see him improve on last season. Keep in mind that Rabb was only a freshman last year so 2nd team PAC-12 is an accomplishment. He averaged 12.5 and 8.6 while posting 12 double-doubles. He's a throwback big with a well developed post game. When he gets the ball in the post he is very decisive going to the hoop and can finish through contact. Rabb only shot 67% from the free throw line but is I think he will be up around 72-75% this season. On defense he plays smart and keeps his hands up. He can be disruptive on the defensive side of the ball and posted 10 games with multiple blocks.

Rabb had to share the rock with four other good to very good players last season and all five averaged at least 10 points. Of that group only Rabb and Jabari Bird(10.4 ppg) are returning this season so there will be more opportunities to score this season. I could see Rabb averaging something like 17 ppg, 11 rpg, and 2 bpg. They aren't otherworldly numbers, but looking at all the other big guys the options are limited and I think Rabb could be the best big man in college this season.
Perhaps. But still a big leap IMO to say BEST big man in COUNTRY.

We shall see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom