Not sold on Strickland | Syracusefan.com

Not sold on Strickland

PhatOrange

Living Legend
becoming a major gripe for me. Fredericks no carries. Just wow.

Strick is a straight ahead runner has no vision and can't make anyody miss. Not even a little bit impressed.

It needs to be asked on the show. The run game is terrible and im starting to believe it's more the backs than the line. Fredericks needs to get some meaningful run

I can't understand not at least giving him a few carries. I'm not overly impressed with what Strickland has done so far, he hasn't done so well not to give some other guys a few more carries. Definitely head scratching and would be interesting why. I doubt we get a real clear answer though.

Patrick land looked pretty explosive last year. The Fredericks thing is weird - hopefully whatever he isn't showing the coaches can be turned around. I think Neal is going to be good, but he's not there yet.

Also, I realize my phone changed Strickland to Patrick land, but I kinda liked it.

I think he's our best pure runner so there must be something else going on that is keeping him buried.

Fredericks should be getting 15 touches minimum imo...

Would love to know the staff's reasoning. Strickland doesn't seem to have great vision or cutting ability.

He was on the sidelines on a bike, he and Franklin were switching on and off the bike.

Not a threat to catch balls out of the backfield?

Strickland seems to hit the hole very slowly. Does anyone else feel that way?
I do. I really like Strickland, but I feel that all of our RBs are hitting the holes very tentatively, and especially Dontae, seems to stand straight up immediately after getting the ball. It is like they are in slow motion.

That would have been my guess initially. Not versatile enough. But in all honesty, Strickland has 7 catches in 4 games so that shouldn't be a big deal.

Neal's numbers are terrible the last three games. I wonder how many three and outs feature him. He is too young and too small. Talk to me in a year after 365 gallons of milk

Hes way too small. Cant break arm tackles.

Maybe he doesn't call the OL protections/assignments (or whatever the RB is barking at them) correctly? There can be many factors.

Neal's numbers are terrible the last three games. I wonder how many three and outs feature him. He is too young and too small. Talk to me in a year after 365 gallons of milk

Honestly, if we get 80-100 yds/game, thats all we need. We need to keep the lbs honest to keep the air game open. We left 3 tds out there today even with a poor running game.

There has to be some way to jazz the running game. All I see is straight ahead blocking on hand offs up the middle to undersized runners.

I wonder if its a conditioning thing with Fredericks? Can he keep up with at the speed our offense runs plays. Only thing that comes to mind.

I think the RB has to relay the calls into the line... wonder if that's an issue somehow?

He was fat this spring, during which time Strickland "flashed." First impressions are hard to overcome.

How many receptions do we even have by our RBs? I'd be surprised if it were more than 2 per game.