Not such a newsflash - Sal Maneen is still an idiot | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Not such a newsflash - Sal Maneen is still an idiot

You have to feel sorry for Steve Infante, who is stuck working with this clown every day. Steve has frequently commented that Sal is the most negative person he knows, thus the attraction for local media.
Then he fits right in. It's ridiculous how negative the local outlets are, from the radio talk shows to the paragon of negativity, the PS.

Syracuse has the most negative media towards its own sports teams than I've seen anywhere in the U.S.

Then he fits right in. It's ridiculous how negative the local outlets are, from the radio talk shows to the paragon of negativity, the PS.

Syracuse has the most negative media towards its own sports teams than I've seen anywhere in the U.S.

Read the NYC papers after a Yankees loss.

They're not much better when the Yankees win.

Read the NYC papers after a Yankees loss.

They're not much better when the Yankees win.
They are certainly critical of the Yankees' performance, but this is borne from the level of success that the Yankees have had.
They don't have an underlying loathing of the team the way the Syracuse media seemingly does. How many articles has Poliquin written lately about eliminating the football and basketball programs at SU? It has to be at least 4 in the last month.

Hyberbole- (Noun) Exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally. See also, this post.

A player's father once told me that Syracuse media market is the worst he seen in the country for local support.
Especially for a college sports market.

Hyberbole- (Noun) Exaggerated statements or claims not meant to be taken literally. See also, this post.
Hyperbole or not, it's still negative. But thanks for the definition - I had no idea what the word meant. Where would I be without internet intellectuals.

I get it that plenty of young guys want to try to make a name for themselves by being controversial, however, some of the old-timers with nothing left to prove have ratcheted up the negativity over the last several years. It didn't use to be that way.
I stand by my statement that Syracuse media is the most negative I have seen towards its own teams. I have been around enough to have some basis to form my opinion. And just to clarify, I'm not talking about being critical of performance, I'm talking about general negativity about the sports programs, like continual talk of disbanding programs (see Bud) or asking leading questions of recruits who chose to play elsewhere, snide comments within a supposed "news" piece, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom