Notice The Celebration... | Syracusefan.com

Notice The Celebration...

These lower seeds with no history of consequence in the Tourney until now are celebrating like they had won the National Title...

We should consider ourselves fortunate that Syracuse in the Sweet 16 is like a birth right.

This is true and it is always a struggle to figure out where we should stand on this. Getting there is a major accomplishment, but at the same time Elite programs don't hang Sweet 16 banners and us losing in the Sweet 16 is about as solid of a bet as the sun coming up in the morning.

Considering the length of time the school has been in existence, the relative infancy of it's basketball program and their record coming into the tournament, to say that making the sweet 16 is a remarkable accomplishment for this team would be the understatement of the year.

Watching this team play and witnessing their esprit de corps is the antithesis of all that is wrong with college basketball and the tournament. It truly is the real "One Shining Moment" of the entire Dance.

Even as a lifetime Syracuse fan I experienced a thrill watching this team win and the manner in which they won. Absolutely sensational!

JB got Gatorade bath in 87 at dome when we advanced to sweet 16. They were washing monkey off his back.

I love it, too! I pity the poor Goliath who will slay this David.

This is true and it is always a struggle to figure out where we should stand on this. Getting there is a major accomplishment, but at the same time Elite programs don't hang Sweet 16 banners and us losing in the Sweet 16 is about as solid of a bet as the sun coming up in the morning.
As painful as that sounds, I found myself being happy we made it to the sweet 16 and just coming to terms for us not going any further this year. Would love to be wrong and have that trend change for a 2nd year straight.

As painful as that sounds, I found myself being happy we made it to the sweet 16 and just coming to terms for us not going any further this year. Would love to be wrong and have that trend change for a 2nd year straight.

I tend to agree. This is definitely not one of our better teams, but at the same time, I do think we can play with anyone. IU is the best remaining 1 seed for us to be playing (they have the worst defensive efficiency of all the remaining 1's). Part of me is ok with losing to teams like Indiana that at least have some basketball pedigree. Losing to Butler, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Alabama, etc just sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom