notre dame is really a killer loss | Syracusefan.com

notre dame is really a killer loss

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
we did enough in non conference that we didnt really need any signature road wins (unlike last year). as long as we took care of business at home and beat the teams we're supposed to beat we'd be in good shape tournament wise. which is why i felt the home games were more important this year than the road games. i thought 8-1 at home was very doable, basically just needing 1 road acc win to get to 500. but the nd loss now means we gotta make up for that with an extra road win that im not sure this team is capable of getting.

if we beat nd we'd still be solidly in the tournament right now. now we got some serious work to do. we're staring at a 1-4 start, but the 2016 team started 0-4 and made the f4 so who knows.

It would’ve hurt a lot more on the road but you’re not wrong. we face a ND team that was ran down and short manned and let them run the table in the 2nd half. Disappointing.

Today, the day after the Virginia game, I'm still more upset about Notre Dame Saturday than the game last night. Saturday was inexcusable IMO.

same here. the wake game didnt bother me that much either, it was a winnable game but wasnt a "must" win. notre dame was a must win

ND and St.Bonaventure may come back to haunt the Orange.
To get so lucky to catch ND without its two best players.
And then just get absolutely destroyed on the glass (won't even mention the last possession) and hand that game away is beyond horrendous.

The Orange will have bad shooting nights...and worse shooting nights.
But there's no excuse for a lack of intensity.

Kansas was the only real blowout. Virginia was getting close to a blowout but we fought back late in the game to get it within 2 possessions under a minute. Plus, KU was #2 (now #12) and UVA is #3, so they won't be too significant of setbacks come Selection Sunday.

The St. Bonnies and Notre Dame games were both very winnable and we could be at least 14-3 with those wins. Now we have to win four out of the next five to move to 16-6 overall and 5-4 halfway through ACC play. It's definitely doable for this team, but 5-4 is the bare minimum we need given the back nine on the schedule are much tougher. Agree with Col. Bleep that SBU and ND could come back to haunt us.

The Nd game is going to go down as one of the toughest losses in the past 5 years.

The thing is...we don't have any "bad loses" yet...You could make a case for Wake but other than that, we still don't have any.

same here. the wake game didnt bother me that much either, it was a winnable game but wasnt a "must" win. notre dame was a must win
SU would have to lose their next 14 games before they find themselves in a true "must win" situation.

The thing is...we don't have any "bad loses" yet...You could make a case for Wake but other than that, we still don't have any.

That’s great and all but if this team doesn’t get to 9 ACC wins, it won’t matter how bad those losses look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom