Notre Dame QB Ian Book expected back against Syracuse | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame QB Ian Book expected back against Syracuse

1541691774902.png

Reddit/CFB ... maybe it's more than just the week. Who knows!

Here's the scenario:

Wimbush dismantles FL State and feels good about himself. They push a hurt book out there against cuse and he gets some nice introductions to #95 & #94. After tasting legendary, 27 championship winning grass, he will certainly struggle. Kelly being the red faced maniac that he is keeps book in the game. There will be tension on the sidelines as the team is now divided into a Wimbush and Book camps while cuse is running up and down the field on them. We win and wind up being the 8th ranked team in the country the following week.

You're welcome, America.

So a bruised kidney and a broken rib?

Damn, I loathe ND but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Hope he heels up in time to enjoy Thanksgiving (and not a week earlier).

That is the current rumor.

Here's the scenario:

Wimbush dismantles FL State and feels good about himself. They push a hurt book out there against cuse and he gets some nice introductions to #95 & #94. After tasting legendary, 27 championship winning grass, he will certainly struggle. Kelly being the red faced maniac that he is keeps book in the game. There will be tension on the sidelines as the team is now divided into a Wimbush and Book camps while cuse is running up and down the field on them. We win and wind up being the 8th ranked team in the country the following week.

You're welcome, America.
Technically the grass in the new Yankee Stadium has only seen 1 championship...

Broken/cracked ribs are a tough thing but depends on the severity obviously. I had 4 broken ribs a few years ago when I was hit by a car riding my bike. It was almost 2 months before I could lay down in bed and even then just the initial lowering myself down was very painful. Other than possibly getting hit and the bouncing of moving around, throwing the ball could be really tough to even do.

I wish they made up a fake injury and benched Dungy at Clemson in 2016.

Ribs - that can be a tough heal. We have a history of getting to QB's. This could be a "thing" next week
They should have just said 'upper body injury.' An unscrupulous DL coach might bring that up during a game.

If he has injured ribs man that is hard to run.
One sack by Alton Robinson and he could be knocked out.
I want ND to be full strength for our game so we don’t get any asterisk if we win.

I'm torn. While I want to beat a full, healthy ND squad, I'm still OK beating them with their backup QB. No idea how many stars Wimbush was coming out of HS, but he's no slouch as a college qb. It's not like they're rolling The Officer out there (no disrespect to Zach). And given all of the injury problems we've dealt with the last handful of years, maybe it's time we have it in our favor.

I'm torn. While I want to beat a full, healthy ND squad, I'm still OK beating them with their backup QB. No idea how many stars Wimbush was coming out of HS, but he's no slouch as a college qb. It's not like they're rolling The Officer out there (no disrespect to Zach). And given all of the injury problems we've dealt with the last handful of years, maybe it's time we have it in our favor.
Yep, absolutely. I want the W, and let the chips fall. If it means playing BC for a ticket to the Peach Bowl against LSU, sign me up.

No idea how many stars Wimbush was coming out of HS, but he's no slouch as a college qb. It's not like they're rolling The Officer out there (no disrespect to Zach).
Considering he was trained by one of our own (Madei Williams) I don't think we should bash Wimbush too much. Lets say this; he was great coming out of high school and then Brian Kelly ruined him.

Considering he was trained by one of our own (Madei Williams) I don't think we should bash Wimbush too much. Lets say this; he was great coming out of high school and then Brian Kelly ruined him.
Wimbush doesn't throw the ball nearly as well as Book. Great runner but average, at best, passer.

Wimbush doesn't throw the ball nearly as well as Book. Great runner but average, at best, passer.
I agree. It was meant as humor, through orange lenses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom