Notre Dame Soldout !! | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Notre Dame Soldout !!

Once again, look at the prices on the resale….

It’s season ticket holders trying to make a serious $$$$ on their season ticket

In fact I thought about listing mine at like $300 a piece to see if they sold

If they didn’t I would attend, if they did my entire season ticket was free
Sorry but there aren't season ticket holders listing blocks of 10 seats in every section to see if they can make their money. Those are brokers. Maybe there are a few people with your mindset but that map is mostly all brokers right now.

With the announced sellout those will start moving, and the brokers are more willing to adjust ticket price than SU would be, so I'd expect those will start selling.

When I posted it this morning there were hundreds of blue dots on the map. Seems like SU had a few brokers call in to take advantage today.

Meh it looks like we are just changing everything to pink dots. It'll look fine and be close enough to NC State but there will be plenty of empties scattered around.

Clemson was the same thing 'full' but definitely not packed and room most places.

The AD must be looking forward to going to seats and reducing the actual capacity and making packed sellouts easier.

Ticketmaster right now is back to 3 seats available in 249, and now 2 seats available in 213.

I find this all very vexing. Quite vexed. Can only assume people put them in their cart to see if it works and then they're held.

Hope it's full and loud.

Meh it looks like we are just changing everything to pink dots. It'll look fine and be close enough to NC State but there will be plenty of empties scattered around.

Clemson was the same thing 'full' but definitely not packed and room most places.

The AD must be looking forward to going to seats and reducing the actual capacity and making packed sellouts easier.
I’m trying to understand your logic, thinking seats aren’t selling Stub Hub , Vivid Seats and others picked up a bunch of seats . I guess I really don’t understand supply and demand

Sorry but there aren't season ticket holders listing blocks of 10 seats in every section to see if they can make their money. Those are brokers. Maybe there are a few people with your mindset but that map is mostly all brokers right now.

With the announced sellout those will start moving, and the brokers are more willing to adjust ticket price than SU would be, so I'd expect those will start selling.

When I posted it this morning there were hundreds of blue dots on the map. Seems like SU had a few brokers call in to take advantage today.
are the brokers getting these at a good price to make it worth this effort? I mean like 500-1000 tickets easily changed since this morning that were blue dots.

Had to be brokers.

I will say, I was actually surprised with how many people who sit near me were exploring high prices for this game. But that's sporadic activity vs. what's happening right now and in last two weeks. Do brokers get group rates and then take the risk that they wont sell them all above?

We already did this last time. Syracuse isn’t changing anything. The seats are sold. Whether I bought them or a broker means nothing.

Brokers will lower throughout the week. Same or bigger crowd than NC State.

With all due respect, I don't really get this particular position. Now, I understand the economics, etc., but this is arguably one of the biggest games in the Dome for two decades. It's Notre Dame. I realize 'this isn't your father's' ND squad, but it's still Notre Dame. How long has it been since they were in the Dome, when Reyes ran wild? When will they be back?

As a dedicated and diehard fan of the Orange, I'd undoubtedly want to be there. You made the financial commitment months ago, so it's money already spent. Again, I get the economic element, but does having your season tix paid for (if indeed they sell at that price) out weigh being present, in that environment, in this moment, with all of what you and many of us diehards have experienced over the past two decades? I don't know.

Again, for me, it's a large disconnect.
Couldn’t agree more. But be prepared for a Capt Tuttle lecture in 3…2…1….:cool:

Hopefully loud for cuse and not loud for Notre Dame
I think we are fortunate that ND is having a bad season. Their fanbase is notorious for their bandwagon ways. I do not think they will turn up in great numbers and I do not think they will be loud.

It has been a long time since I went to a Syracuse-ND football game and Syracuse had a major advantage with the crowd. That streak ends on Saturday.

It is about time. ;)

We already did this last time. Syracuse isn’t changing anything. The seats are sold. Whether I bought them or a broker means nothing.

Brokers will lower throughout the week. Same or bigger crowd than NC State.
Bingo

Had to be brokers.

I will say, I was actually surprised with how many people who sit near me were exploring high prices for this game. But that's sporadic activity vs. what's happening right now and in last two weeks. Do brokers get group rates and then take the risk that they wont sell them all above?
the tickets left were all on the $100 and up avg.. if you buy 500 of those at $50 and sell 250 at $80 you break even. But they are selling many of these at more like $150 so who knows

Hopefully loud for cuse and not loud for Notre Dame
There will be some ND fans. The most the dome has seen this year in terms of opposing fans but no way they get any semblance of numbers to make noise IMO at least.

Absolutely cannot wait for this one. Took both Friday and Saturday nights off work, and plan to arrive at the North Manley tailgate bright and early!

Also having some guests, both our seat neighbors and a friend from work (ND fan but nice guy) might be stopping by.

At the beginning of the season, if you told me bowl eligible AND a ND victory I’d jump on that like a hobo on a hotdog. I want this win, bad.

A magical season is still very much in play.

LGO!!

Without knowing the business model, I would expect that the brokers have a return hurdle. If they can clear the return hurdle even eating a block of tickets, it's worth the upside profit potential to buy the tix rather than lose out by not purchasing them and having someone else sell them.
For example, let's say the profit hurdle is 15% and they can hit 17% selling 2,000 tix, and they can still clear 15% buying an additional 500 tix without selling any. Let's say that they can get back to 17% selling only 100 of the additional tix, they still have a pretty easy path to eclipsing the original 17%. It would also allow them to lower their resale prices for unsold tix as they near game time, while all the while inching up their return %. This is all hypothetical of course and would be dependent on their model assumptions for each marginal ticket sold. Also, let's not forget about the profit of handling fees.

We beat Iowa at Ohio State.

Can we double down and beat Ohio State at Penn State this week?
yes, yes, we definitely can (he says as he pats Chip on the head like he is a little kid)

yes, yes, we definitely can (he says as he pats Chip on the head like he is a little kid)

I know, I know. I assume this was the reaction when people saw Iowa on TV.

animal-house-bluto.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom