Nova-Mich ratings not so good | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Nova-Mich ratings not so good

I seem to recall the Brady Bunch & Flintstones being a staple of my after school routine. Remember how everything started 5mins after the hour?

And they had that painfully annoying "Dinner and a Movie" thing where you would be watching a movie on TBS but it would have little segments of this man and woman cooking stuff throughout. Damn it, just get me back to Con Air already, I don't care about this.

They should really play the game at 6am (3am pacific) when most people are still home.

Not super surprising. Neither school has a large basketball fanbase and neither was a Cinderella. The only storyline was really, "hey, look at how good Villanova is," which probably drew a collective yawn from most of the country.

Does this mean Nova is not yet a "blue blood"?

I seem to recall the Brady Bunch & Flintstones being a staple of my after school routine. Remember how everything started 5mins after the hour?

Saved by the Bell reruns!

I've wondered why they can't do the final four on Friday and National Championship on Sunday afternoon. What is with the desire to put sporting events (I'm looking at you, Momday Night Football) on a Monday night?

I've wondered why they can't do the final four on Friday and National Championship on Sunday afternoon. What is with the desire to put sporting events (I'm looking at you, Momday Night Football) on a Monday night?

Ladies do that. IDK why the Ladies games used to be Sunday-Tuesday thats what it was 2 years ago when we made the finals.

I think Saturday's 2 games are as big an attraction as the big game on Monday so they like having it on Saturday's. It should still tip an hour earlier. My mom made me go to bed during the 1996 game when we were winning.

Saved by the Bell reruns!
Well Kelly Kapowski was a board hottie for a while. Not sure if it was before or after All-time Board Hottie JLH but TAT has her share of fans.

I would love that idea, but Friday night is the worst night of the week for TV. There is a Wikipedia article entitled "Friday night death slot."

Friday night death slot - Wikipedia

If Cuse was in that game, ratings would have been much higher as we have a huge fan base and a huge hate base. People love to watch the Cuse!

I love that the network I binge-watched Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and Saved by the Bell episodes as a kid now broadcasts the national title game.

And now I feel old. Those shows hadn't even started when I was a kid.

We're missing a major point here: the Nova-MU game "Still won the night across ALL OF TV."

It was THE most-watched program Monday.
But there's a smaller base from which to attract viewers.
Fewer people are watching TV...period.

That and the game started at 9:30 on a Monday night ...
I've always said the tournament is anti-climatic because of this. You start with a huge field, have two semi-final games in a row on a Saturday night and...the final starting at 9:30 PM on a week night. I've always maintained we should make the first Monday of the month a national holiday and start the game at 6. People can have parties and watch the game with friends. This is why I should be president.

Reactions: cto
The game being on TBS vs. CBS likely played a measurable role in this.
The game not starting till 9 flipping 20 played a bigger part.

28% decline.

Somewhat due to CBS pushing over to TBS, TNT, somewhat due to match-up - though Villanova-Kansas ratings were down 31%, possibly from a weak lead in.

I don't think it has much to do with the late start.

Michigan is a brand name but for as good as Nova is, they don't bring much to the table ratings wise.

No star players.
No great storylines.
Airing the F4/'Ship on TBS.
Game sucked.
Lack of brand power in Nova.

We're missing a major point here: the Nova-MU game "Still won the night across ALL OF TV."

It was THE most-watched program Monday.
But there's a smaller base from which to attract viewers.
Fewer people are watching TV...period.

Just to be clear, people are watching less linear network TV. Meaning, less live broadcast and cable programs.

But in the macro sense people are watching more TV than ever, but that includes on demand programs via cable, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

It’s a distinction with a difference.

Didn't watch FF at all .
On Sat., saw my niece and nephew for first time in almost a year. Rented Coco.
Monday...too late, too little interest.

The move from CBS definitely played a factor as did the Voice and American Idol I'm sure, as did most people not giving Michigan a shot, and as it did for me watching a season filled with controlling coaches, attention seeking refs and a level of play that is definitely less than it was...
Yeah I don’t get that TBS thing, or that the NCAA let that fly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom