Now a 3 seed in the West according to Lunardi | Syracusefan.com

Now a 3 seed in the West according to Lunardi

Solitude

2nd String
Bracketology

If we got this bracket we would still be facing Gonzaga as many other brackets have predicted and it includes a rematch with Ohio State .

It'd be interesting to see how we would handle UNLV with Bennett. That would be a bad matchup for our big guys.

I still think we're most likely a 4 seed as it stands right now (before tonight's game is played). I'd think a win tonight will absolutely lock us in as a 3, and we COULD still get one even if we lose tonight. Right now, before tonight's game, I think we're maybe the last 3, or the top 4.

Again, a win tonight changes that and should lock us into a 3 seed and MAYBE an outside chance at the final 2.

I still think we're most likely a 4 seed as it stands right now (before tonight's game is played). I'd think a win tonight will absolutely lock us in as a 3, and we COULD still get one even if we lose tonight. Right now, before tonight's game, I think we're maybe the last 3, or the top 4.

Again, a win tonight changes that and should lock us into a 3 seed and MAYBE an outside chance at the final 2.

Well, for what its worth, that Lunardi bracket assumes that we lose tonight, since he has UL in all caps.

No big east teams? sign me up

We cant play georgetown or louisville until Final 4, and nobody else from BEast until Elite 8.

Sorry for offendin Pearl and others with this post.

but bpo and jncuse said we can't get a 3 seed!

I said we could not receive a 2 seed. Well done.

Sorry to Pearl for offending him with this post.

I said we could not receive a 2 seed. Well done.

Sorry to Pearl for offending him with this post.
That makes more sense, cuz you're usually spot on with this kind of stuff.

We cant play georgetown or louisville until Final 4, and nobody else from BEast until Elite 8.

Sorry for offendin Pearl and others with this post.

Yeah? We thought that two years ago too. We still ended up with Marquette.

Wait, did they really? If we win tonight I think we're actually the top 3 seed aren't we?

No I didnt.

Sorry to Pearl for offending him with this post

Yeah? We thought that two years ago too. We still ended up with Marquette.

There was 11 BEast teams in the tournamanent in 2011. As there were more than 8 teams from a conference they did not follow the Elite 8 rule (as it was not possible). This year there are only 8 teams so we do not need to worry about it - it is a bracket rule that must be followed.

Sorry to Pearl for offending him with this post

Well, for what its worth, that Lunardi bracket assumes that we lose tonight, since he has UL in all caps.

Don't think it works that way; he always does his bracket based on the season ending today. Lville is considered the conference champ right now since they have a higher RPI than we do (I think that's what he does). I don't think he's taking a position either way on the outcome of the game

We could receive a 3 with a loss tonite under 3 conditions (IMO)
1) Wisconsin loses tomorrow
2) Kansas St loses tonite to Kansas, and commitee picks us over Kansas St (pick em type decision)
3) Committee picks us over Wolverines. ( pick em type decision)

After we win tonight we will have beaten 3 ranked teams in 3 days, including the #4 and #5 ranked teams. Other teams in our bracket will be afraid of playing Cuse.
This could be the most impressive BET run in a while for any team. In 2011 UConn beat 4 ranked teams, but only Pitt (#3) was in the top 10. The other were #11 Syracuse, #14 Ville, #22 GTown. We would have beaten #17, #5, and #4.

The problem with getting to 2 is Ohio State needs to lose, but if they lose it will be to MSU, who then would probably get a 2. 3 in the West would be good.

Exactly my thoughts as well. We need to win and we need some help but a 2 seed could happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom