Now that's how you play offense | Syracusefan.com

Now that's how you play offense

GooseMutt

All Conference
Wisconsin was so good at moving that ball in, out and around our defense. Their fluency was a thing of beauty and I know they have been together longer but they had a plan and executed. We looked like we never played before and were confused. Penetration is minimal although Coleman looked great at times. I just have a hard time getting my arms around how unprepared we look on offense. Frank has the skills but lacks the composure to keep the wheels on the cart. I can't remember another Cuse team this lost.

Wisconsin was so good at moving that ball in, out and around our defense. Their fluency was a thing of beauty and I know they have been together longer but they had a plan and executed. We looked like we never played before and were confused. Penetration is minimal although Coleman looked great at times. I just have a hard time getting my arms around how unprepared we look on offense. Frank has the skills but lacks the composure to keep the wheels on the cart. I can't remember another Cuse team this lost.
One more thing. We have no energy/ no one pumping up this team like Mali did. If you played sports you know how infectious ethusiasm can be when you start pumping each other up verbally/by performance on the field /court. You go to an entirely new aggressive mindset.

It makes zero difference, but our last two games have really made me wonder how this team would be if Mal had come back for one more year and White had opted to go elsewhere. As you mentioned, we'd have a very outgoing, fiery personality to rub off on the rest of the team. But on top of that, I definitely think he would have become our go-to guy; something we're obviously lacking with this year's team. Just something to daydream about instead of thinking about how awful we've looked the last two games.

One more thing. We have no energy/ no one pumping up this team like Mali did. If you played sports you know how infectious ethusiasm can be when you start pumping each other up verbally/by performance on the field /court. You go to an entirely new aggressive mindset.
Yeah definitely! Let's just enthuse our way to beating Wisconsin!

What's amazing to me is not how good Wisconsins ball movement was , rather How terrible most teams attack the zone

The ball moves faster than any man can and the fact that team after team have no concept of this amazes me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom