NY Giants 2021 True Blue Thread | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

NY Giants 2021 True Blue Thread

Why is John Mara setting up interviews for head coach before hiring a GM? Just hire a GM and then go away on a long vacation and leave your phone home. Please.

Why is John Mara setting up interviews for head coach before hiring a GM? Just hire a GM and then go away on a long vacation and leave your phone home. Please.
Giants are screwed. They are going to hire another meathead IMO.

When I started watching pro ball the NFL wasn't on national TV, yet, and it was still a bush league. We had two channels in Syracuse and one had the Browns, and the other the Giants. Home games only as I recall. The Jints became my team. Those first 6 seasons I followed them the Jints won the division 5 of six years with Philly winning the odd year. That was the year Bednarik nearly decapitated Frank Gifford. The giants LOST in all five championship games.

Then it was 24 years before they played in another. During the interim the Jints really sucked. As a lifelong Orange and Giants fan I'm inured to pain.

The highs are so much more delicious when you live through the lows. Tell me you still can't see Hakeem blocking that shot or David Tyree with the "helmet catch", or Michael Owens going in for the two point conversion. Maybe I take sport too seriously but they were high points in my life.

When I started watching pro ball the NFL wasn't on national TV, yet, and it was still a bush league. We had two channels in Syracuse and one had the Browns, and the other the Giants. Home games only as I recall. The Jints became my team. Those first 6 seasons I followed them the Jints won the division 5 of six years with Philly winning the odd year. That was the year Bednarik nearly decapitated Frank Gifford. The giants LOST in all five championship games.

Then it was 24 years before they played in another. During the interim the Jints really sucked. As a lifelong Orange and Giants fan I'm inured to pain.

The highs are so much more delicious when you live through the lows. Tell me you still can't see Hakeem blocking that shot or David Tyree with the "helmet catch", or Michael Owens going in for the two point conversion. Maybe I take sport too seriously but they were high points in my life.
Nice post - I particularly enjoyed your use of the word inured

While it's of course impossible to know how successful an assistant GM will be when they get a GM job, I think this is a real good hire for the Giants. You have to be impressed with the Bills' emergence as annual contenders. Now, if ownership recognizes that this is not gonna be a one-year turnaround, and they've generally been (sometimes too) patient, things should look up for the G-men soon.

Why would you tell your #2 candidate he's out before you have a signed deal with your top candidate? Huh?
Because none of us really know if #2 is still #2. The Giants may have lost interest in him. Seems like every bozo with a blog has the inside scoop.

While it's of course impossible to know how successful an assistant GM will be when they get a GM job, I think this is a real good hire for the Giants. You have to be impressed with the Bills' emergence as annual contenders. Now, if ownership recognizes that this is not gonna be a one-year turnaround, and they've generally been (sometimes too) patient, things should look up for the G-men soon.

I'm biased as a Bills fan, but I think Schoen is a strong match with what the Maras value. They're very big on culture and trying to set an example, and I think Schoen will not only help foster that but also bring new thinking and ideas to help it evolve become stronger.

FJpV4xGVQAEB0H3

That ends that speculation. I'd say we need to give this guy five years to rebuild the Jints. This is like my 100th five year plan for the Giants and it's only happened in one short era since 1963.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom