OC Rumors | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

OC Rumors

My guess would be the entire staff is mindful the clock is ticking. I would guess at a minimum discussions have taken place already given the time that's gone by. Maybe it's contract language at this point. Who knows? I would be very surprised if anyone is slow playing this hire, just gotta be patient. Plenty to talk about on the hoops board ;)

We’re waiting for after signing day and after the bowl games out of respect, then hope to have some interviews lined up at the coaches convention. It’s like a job fair, when employers interview everyone who walks in off the street. :rolleyes:
This is d1 power five football , there is no time for respect lol

We’re waiting for after signing day and after the bowl games out of respect, then hope to have some interviews lined up at the coaches convention. It’s like a job fair, when employers interview everyone who walks in off the street. :rolleyes:

And we’ll throw all their names in a Rolodex and start calling around when there’s a chance.

Surprised we haven’t heard any rumors curious if it’s either we have hired someone and they want to wait til after there bowl or we are still searching. This hire is crucial so I’m in no way hating on the wait ……… but darn it things are getting stale around here lol
Half of me wonders if they are having trouble finding someone willing to adapt their offense to shrader's (lack of) passing ability?

Half of me wonders if they are having trouble finding someone willing to adapt their offense to shrader's (lack of) passing ability?

I mean you have other guys on the roster and a great line and running game.

I'd think most OCs would like their chances grabbing a QB and WR or two from the portal with that to work with.

That said are guys willing to leave teams in bowl games for us right now vs in 2 weeks?

I mean you have other guys on the roster and a great line and running game.

I'd think most OCs would like their chances grabbing a QB and WR or two from the portal with that to work with.

That said are guys willing to leave teams in bowl games for us right now vs in 2 weeks?
Great line ???????? What team are we talking about here? Definitely not cuse.

Lets start a new thread.

Provide your thoughts on why Dino should be retained.
Why are you behind him vs making a change.
I have my reasons for wanting to replace him.
What are your reasons for wanting to retain him?
Isn’t that what we’ve been doing for the last four months? The fact is, he is here. Can’t we postpone this kind of discussion until the end of next season?

See you don't even read do you KCSU? If you did you would see that I already said I am ready to move on from Dino in my response to you earlier and don't think he should be retained. Further don't change the subject. I made it clear that fair criticism is totally fine and just personal attacks are not.
i have always posted that i believe Dino is a good person who has run a clean program.

Great line ???????? What team are we talking about here? Definitely not cuse.
Prior to the bye week I was very happy with the O line and the push they got. Everyone is back. Should be a strength.

Doesn’t matter if your QB throws balls into the dirt when his targets are wide open and same targets drop passes regularly and rarely get YAC.

Prior to the bye week I was very happy with the O line and the push they got. Everyone is back. Should be a strength.

Doesn’t matter if your QB throws balls into the dirt when his targets are wide open and same targets drop passes regularly and rarely get YAC.
I can agree with that to a degree but the line play even at its best last year isn’t gonna cut it. Hope we can get back to the level of play marrone was able to get out of his line.

I can agree with that to a degree but the line play even at its best last year isn’t gonna cut it. Hope we can get back to the level of play marrone was able to get out of his line.
Sure, it needs to improve, but we have good players returning (Bergeron and Ellis in particular). others with starting or playing experience, kids from the 2021 cycle, and portal offers. The OL overall, with a good OL coach in place for his second year, has more promise than it has in any year since 2018.

Sure, it needs to improve, but we have good players returning (Bergeron and Ellis in particular). others with starting or playing experience, kids from the 2021 cycle, and portal offers. The OL overall, with a good OL coach in place for his second year, has more promise than it has in any year since 2018.
I'd put Bleich and Davis in that group as well. We could have a good group of maulers.

It is Day 15 since the announcement that we need a new OC and we still don't have one.

Really starting to get concerned that Babers is not closing on his top choice(s) and perhaps there was not a pre-read thought on candidates made during the bye week as the decision to let the tree assistants go were not done that weekend.

Something needs to happen real, real soon...

Truth is, none of us who are currently posting on this thread knows or is giving HCDB some space to roll it out in his own way! It’s sad to me how way too many are so willing to continue to bash HCDB and ADJW as clueless.
It was pretty much that way when ADJW announced Coach Read to be the Women’s Hoops program and just look at how that team is coming together and playing.

Bleich is very good

His durability is a serious question mark coming into next season with him especially with having the same surgery he had last off season again
Yes, for sure. Him and Davis have had issues. It'd be nice if these two got through the season. We could have an amazing line. Hopefully development continues with the younger guys. The difference between these two and Tidsdale was seismic. We need quality backups in case.

Bleich is very good

His durability is a serious question mark coming into next season with him especially with having the same surgery he had last off season again
Agree. Some guy's bodies just won't cooperate and I'm concerned Chris might be one of those cases. But love him when he is on the field.

Agree. Some guy's bodies just won't cooperate and I'm concerned Chris might be one of those cases. But love him when he is on the field.

That's my fear for BOTH Bleich and Dakota Davis -- difference makers [especially Bleich], but their impact is compromised because neither can stay healthy.

It is Day 15 since the announcement that we need a new OC and we still don't have one.

Really starting to get concerned that Babers is not closing on his top choice(s) and perhaps there was not a pre-read thought on candidates made during the bye week as the decision to let the tree assistants go were not done that weekend.

Something needs to happen real, real soon...

It's not surprising unfortunately, what mid to upper level OC is going to leave his current job(if he has any type of job security) for a HC that's clearly going into a win or be fired year. Even if its a bump in pay not many are going to risk getting swept out with Babers if and when he's fired next year for being under .500 which Wildhack has all but said will happen.

It's not surprising unfortunately, what mid to upper level OC is going to leave his current job(if he has any type of job security) for a HC that's clearly going into a win or be fired year. Even if its a bump in pay not many are going to risk getting swept out with Babers if and when he's fired next year for being under .500 which Wildhack has all but said will happen.
We can be 5-7 and improved version last season. If that happens then he could be back. If Pitt passes on Marion I think we could get him.

Wait, I just read we have a good OL. Won’t that be a selling point?

Wait, I just read we have a good OL. Won’t that be a selling point?
It's a strange situation. We needed help with special teams, and offensive coordinator. For the program reportedly being on the ropes, the ST coordinator gets to come in and work with a Groza winner. And the OC gets to work with a Heisman candidate-caliber RB. Our roster is occasionally great, it seems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom