Odds we see Joe Biden courtside tomorrow night? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Odds we see Joe Biden courtside tomorrow night?

Well, in this case the "political" has kind of seeped into the basketball.

Students raising the Big Head I guess as some sort of statement about the University and its graduates. (Even though SU is not his alma mater ... he just went to Law school at SU)

So relative to who we show as representative of the University at a basketball game, my vote would be for anyone but this airhead. This one old alum is embarrassed by the guy's connection with he school ... much as Georgetown ducked any association with groper-in-chief, Clinton, when he was the Pres.
Townie - trust me on this one - I am no fan of Joe Biden... however...
I think it is a HUGE positive for Syracuse University to see a sitting Vice-President at the game with anything Orange related. Even if it is Orange hair plugs. One caveat..If he actually says anything, then please disregard this post...

Well, in this case the "political" has kind of seeped into the basketball.

Students raising the Big Head I guess as some sort of statement about the University and its graduates. (Even though SU is not his alma mater ... he just went to Law school at SU)

So relative to who we show as representative of the University at a basketball game, my vote would be for anyone but this airhead. This one old alum is embarrassed by the guy's connection with he school ... much as Georgetown ducked any association with groper-in-chief, Clinton, when he was the Pres.
VERY well stated!

I've never understood why SU has embraced this buffoon and even include him is nationally broadcasted commercials.

BTW, VP Chia Pet graduated from the academic juggernaut know as the University of Delaware 506th out of 688.

Except for the fact that his first plagiarism case occurred at SU and he graduated in the bottom 11% of his law school class.

And sure, why shouldn't he be there? What's another few hundred thousand bucks stolen from our grandchildren on top of the $4 billion a day extra deficit they are creating on top of the $6 trillion in debt they've created?

This doesn't include the costs to transport his personal limo...this is on top of those expenses.
While seemingly ludicrous, I suspect that this has been common practice at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for several administrations.

No organization exists without some waste. Excessive waste in such large amounts, however, especially when the economy is less than stellar and the debt continues to grow is inexcusable. Oops, time to get off my little soapbox.

Except for the fact that his first plagiarism case occurred at SU and he graduated in the bottom 11% of his law school class.
Off the top of my head... Pickett and Custer finished at the bottom of the West Point classes; "W" finished near the bottom of his class at Yale, and Cheyney flunked out of Yale not once but twice. Winston Churchill failed the 6th grade.
Not sure what your point is.

Biden's appearance at the UD women's game was warmly received, and he has never lost an election in his home state.

While seemingly ludicrous, I suspect that this has been common practice at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue for several administrations.

No organization exists without some waste. Excessive waste in such large amounts, however, especially when the economy is less than stellar and the debt continues to grow is inexcusable. Oops, time to get off my little soapbox.

Moontan, What do you mean "seemingly" ludicrous? There's nothing "seemingly" about. It's ludicrous.

No other Adminstration has had abuses anywhere near on the scale we have seen over the last four years.

But no one should be surprised. When Michelle took her family and everybody else she knows to Spain it was extravagance at a level that would shock an Oil Sheik. The Pres is on his 4th vacation in three months.

These people are flat taking advantage. They figure its money they are getting from "The Rich", why shouldn't they get it now? Afterall "The Rich" didn't earn it anyway.

Moontan, What do you mean "seemingly" ludicrous? There's nothing "seemingly" about. It's ludicrous.
Yes, it is. I just suspect that this mode of travel has been the norm for quite a while. I'm surprised that the media hasn't done some comparisons.

FYI: I voted against him twice.

I still recall my physical therapist's reaction when the initial post-election Obama-care plan was unveiled. She was shocked at what it all meant, especially since she voted for him. I reminded her that he was doing exactly what he said he would.

The fact that the powers in charge were negligent in even proposing a real budget for years tells you all that you need to know.

Meanwhile... LGO!

Off the top of my head... Pickett and Custer finished at the bottom of the West Point classes; "W" finished near the bottom of his class at Yale, and Cheyney flunked out of Yale not once but twice. Winston Churchill failed the 6th grade.
Not sure what your point is.

Biden's appearance at the UD women's game was warmly received, and he has never lost an election in his home state.

Great examples.

Custer was a flat out idiot and showboat who eventually got himself and his whole outfit killed. Pickett's charge failed. (It wasn't his fault, but he was no genius")

Democrats told us for year's that "W" was too stupid to be President.

Joe Biden never lost I guess. Delaware is about as big as some counties in the US. And Joe's son didn't bother to run last time for the Senate because he felt he couldn't win.

Besides winning elections doesn't mean anyone is smart. I invite you to listen to the wisdom of Sheila Jackson Lee (D -TX) the next time she voices an opinion.

Yes, it is. I just suspect that this mode of travel has been the norm for quite a while. I'm surprised that the media hasn't done some comparisons.

FYI: I voted against him twice.

I still recall my physical therapist's reaction when the initial post-election Obama-care plan was unveiled. She was shocked at what it all meant, especially since she voted for him. I reminded her that he was doing exactly what he said he would.

The fact that the powers in charge were negligent in even proposing a real budget for years tells you all that you need to know.

Meanwhile... LGO!

The health insurance bills that arrive in 2014 are going to shock a lot of people. Especially those that believed that you could add 15,000,000 uninsured to pool and rates wouldn't go up.

Let's hope Joe can't make it. But if he does, it will be a great opportunity to Boooo him.

Townie, just for future reference, while you are conducting your right-wing think tank meetings, please appoint a replacement to assure everyone that the SU program will become Seton Hall when JB retires.

Thanks in advance.

It isn't about right or left, all establishment candidates are bought and paid for. AIPAC is the largest lobby and no one can get elected without their support, other than Ron Paul. They make big tobacco and the rest look small, we do their dirty work.

But I dont want to educate anyone. We all like seeing a good drunkard enjoy himself regardless of his politics, and I agree it is somewhat prestigious to have a VP in your ranks. He is seemingly less evil than most VP's and seems happy with accepting the role of buffoon like GB did, while letting the main puppet pretend to be the evil genius/idiot. It isn't about party, people. They all do what they're told and you sit there thinking you have some sort of say while power is consolidated more and more into the hands of a few.

Again, I hope he is there and drunk like he was on some stops on the first campaign trail. Go Orange!

Great examples.

Custer was a flat out idiot and showboat who eventually got himself and his whole outfit killed. Pickett's charge failed. (It wasn't his fault, but he was no genius")

Joe Biden never lost I guess. Delaware is about as big as some counties in the US. And Joe's son didn't bother to run last time for the Senate because he felt he couldn't win.

Besides winning elections doesn't mean anyone is smart. I invite you to listen to the wisdom of Sheila Jackson Lee (D -TX) the next time she voices an opinion.
stupidity is a two way street in DC ... if you want to bash Democrats you also need to bash Republicans

stupidity is a two way street in DC ... if you want to bash Democrats you also need to bash Republicans
Agreed. Silly GOP believed that the 2010 congressional victory was the result of pro-Republican votes instead of Obama protest votes. Their misjudgment likely led to a 2nd Obama term and the implementation of Obama-"Care"... as you said, stupid.

Great examples.

This thread has gone in a direction more appropriate for the Off-Topic Board, but it's obvious you just don't like Biden's political views.

Agreed. Silly GOP believed that the 2010 congressional victory was the result of pro-Republican votes instead of Obama protest votes. Their misjudgment likely led to a 2nd Obama term and the implementation of Obama-"Care"... as you said, stupid.

No. What created obama's 2nd term was Conservative disdain for Romney and massive Democrat voter fraud.

The sequester impacts only those programs that will garner the most press coverage claiming unbearable pain and suffering. It's sort of like the small town Board of Education cancelling football when the Town doesn't pass the school budget.

I was speaking more about his recent trip to Europe and his declaration that 100 hotel rooms at $500 a pop wasn't overally extravagant...

C'mon guys, a powerful alum court side is great pub. If you want to debate policy take it to the ot board. Shoot, I'd love to see Bubba there with Terry McAuliffe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

I don't care if the place is empty or if they have a communist party rally going on in the stands as long as we win.

In response to all the pissed off old right-wingers in this thread, my graduation gift to the University is going to be about 15 Biden heads just so you can cry in shame that our school produced the next in line for the Presidency.
Wow...now that's a scary proposition!

Btw, our school didn't "produce" the walking gaffe machine...he belongs to the U Delaware.