Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2018 New York Football GIANTS Drive for 5 Thread

To the people saying that Peppers for Collins is close to a wash: Collins was responsible for 11 turnovers and Peppers was responsible for 2 during the same period of time. Which one would you consider the better playmaker?

Actually just looked this up and it’s not true...

Peppers has 2 picks and 4 fumble recoveries in his 2 years in the league.

Collins has 2 picks, 2 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries in those same two years.

I love Collins but not for 14 mil for an undersized linebacker. Happy he's getting paid.

I can rationalize the Beckham move but I don't believe it. Antics, injuries, etc but the talent is transcendent.

I love Collins but not for 14 mil for an undersized linebacker. Happy he's getting paid.

I can rationalize the Beckham move but I don't believe it. Antics, injuries, etc but the talent is transcendent.

I’m interested to see what they’re going to do at WR, now.

Shepard looks like a solid number 2 guy, but he’s the only productive WR on the roster now.

I wonder how many realize that the Giants scored more points than any NFC East team last year?

Actually just looked this up and it’s not true...

Peppers has 2 picks and 4 fumble recoveries in his 2 years in the league.

Collins has 2 picks, 2 forced fumbles, and 2 fumble recoveries in those same two years.

I misread the quote from ESPN a little bit. Wasn't trying to fool, anybody. Here's the cut-and-paste:

"Adding Peppers gives them a replacement for Collins, though Peppers' struggles in space when he played free safety as a rookie were more extreme than Collins' issues in coverage. Peppers hasn't been a great return man as a pro and hasn't exhibited the sort of takeaway skills Collins showed. Though Collins forced 11 takeaways in four seasons, Peppers has only two picks to show in two seasons with the Browns."

I’m interested to see what they’re going to do at WR, now.

Shepard looks like a solid number 2 guy, but he’s the only productive WR on the roster now.

I wonder how many realize that the Giants scored more points than any NFC East team last year?

Not getting into the weeds on that but the 40 they put up against the Skins throws that off some.

People say the Nats should've won like 7 more games based on run differential but in 2 games they scored around 40 runs.

The kicker with Gettleman is how cocky this guy is. Watched some recent pressers and he really has a rather high opinion of himself.

The kicker with Gettleman is how cocky this guy is. Watched some recent pressers and he really has a rather high opinion of himself.
Hes from the 6th boro...Boston.

He’s ready for a fight for sure.

“Because the Giants are eating the $20 million signing bonus on Beckham's deal, the Browns are getting a relative bargain as part of this contract. Cleveland essentially has OBJ signed on a five-year, $77 million pact with $19.5 million guaranteed, all but $2.75 million of which comes this season. From the Browns' perspective, his deal averages $15.4 million per season. He's owed $47 million over the next three seasons, which is less than Sammy Watkins -- an inferior wide receiver with far less of a track record -- received in unrestricted free agency last year.”

Bill barnwell

Hes from the 6th boro...Boston.

He’s ready for a fight for sure.
Get out Gettleman is from Boston.
That is hilarious and isn’t the mayor of NYC a diehard Red Sox fan?

Have you ever listened to his pressers? Or just read what he said??

We got the only jew in Boston as GM.

He clearly grew up and lived between Sully and Murph in Southie.

Have you ever listened to his pressers? Or just read what he said??

We got the only jew in Boston as GM.

He clearly grew up and lived between Sully and Murph in Southie.
I just saw he went to Boston Latin and is from Dorchester.
Pretty fun a Boston guy running the Giants.

I just saw he went to Boston Latin and is from Dorchester.
Pretty fun a Boston guy running the Giants.

And a Boston guy owns the Philadelphia Eagles.

The trade on its own isn't that bad...it's once you apply the context of giving OBJ an extension, spending the #2 pick on a RB, continuing to stand by Eli, etc. that it looks so hilariously bad.

I give them some credit for just getting it over with now instead of dragging it on another year or 2.

The trade on its own isn't that bad...it's once you apply the context of giving OBJ an extension, spending the #2 pick on a RB, continuing to stand by Eli, etc. that it looks so hilariously bad.
the bad part is the extension and the cap hit the Giants take this year for sure.

the picks and Peppers are great capital. there is nothing wrong with drafting Saquan or standing with Eli...but at some point here, we need to address the QB of the future for sure.

I give them some credit for just getting it over with now instead of dragging it on another year or 2.
and getting much less in return.

that was Bloomberg