Official 2022 New York Football Giants Return to Glory Thread | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2022 New York Football Giants Return to Glory Thread

I had Houston +5.5 in a picks pool. Giants propped the back door wide open but the Texans couldn't walk through. Lions next week won't be a cake walk. They can put up points. Not sure Giants offense can get in a shootout with Detroit.

I had Houston +5.5 in a picks pool. Giants propped the back door wide open but the Texans couldn't walk through. Lions next week won't be a cake walk. They can put up points. Not sure Giants offense can get in a shootout with Detroit.
I would agree that the Giants defense needs to come to play.

Detroit’s defense is bad, but the Giants just don’t seem like they’re going to score 30+ no matter what.

Felt like they could’ve today, but stopped themselves with mistakes and then going super conservative for the last quarter - quarter and a half, even though the passing game was really effective.

For all his flaws it’s only fair to point out that more and more it appears Gettleman hit home runs with the Dexter Lawrence, Andrew Thomas, Saquon Barkley(I don’t care about positions - he’s a difference maker), and possibly Daniel Jones picks?

Those guys have all been outstanding this year.

I was looking at the Giants team stats. The Giants are in the top third in points allowed (9th) but middle of the road in yards allowed. Clearly, it's a bend don't break defensive scheme.

I worry about Barkley continuing to take the battering he absorbed on Sunday.

The injury to Bellinger is going to hurt.

They aren't going out there and beating themselves.

Recent years? Hell, for 60 years, save about six.

Let’s go back to 1965, when Joe Namath arrived and the Jets truly began to resemble a legitimate professional football team. That’s 58 seasons, including the first nine weeks of this one.

The Jets have made the playoffs in only 14 of those years.

But the Giants have only made them in 16 of those years.

I was shocked by the Giants only having 2 more playoff appearances than the Jets since 1965. It was before my time but I knew the late 60's - 70's Giants sucked big time. I just figured from the LT years onward they would have blown the Jets away in that department.

Let’s go back to 1965, when Joe Namath arrived and the Jets truly began to resemble a legitimate professional football team. That’s 58 seasons, including the first nine weeks of this one.

The Jets have made the playoffs in only 14 of those years.

But the Giants have only made them in 16 of those years.

I was shocked by the Giants only having 2 more playoff appearances than the Jets since 1965. It was before my time but I knew the late 60's - 70's Giants sucked big time. I just figured from the LT years onward they would have blown the Jets away in that department.
The jv was never as bad they were spoken about, but what they did was hit some real low lows….like 1st pick in the draft was theirs to lose often per decade. Yet they’d make the playoffs here or there but go 0-4 in AFC Champ games I think.

The Giants had lows, but never 1st pick in draft lows, they’d sprinkle in playoff appearances and in NFC Champ games would go 5-0 and 4-1 in SuperBowls.

This is known as the Bling is Bright Syndrome.

They’re changing the turf at the Stadium next year. Still turf though. I was hoping for grass.

They’re changing the turf at the Stadium next year. Still turf though. I was hoping for grass.
Yep. Had a lax tournament on 4/1, they told us a month or so ago they had to move the date because of the turf change. Everyone asked…grass???

Nope, some new age fake grass shlit.

I’m really side eyeing the Toney situation. Gets traded and suddenly is healthy enough to play, and now is starting to produce.

What the hell?

If he’s not hurt again within the next 2 weeks, I’ll be sideeyeing it even harder.

I’m really side eyeing the Toney situation. Gets traded and suddenly is healthy enough to play, and now is starting to produce.

What the hell?

If he’s not hurt again within the next 2 weeks, I’ll be sideeyeing it even harder.
Trade arm for leg here but you get the idea

D1ooj0WW0AAk06m.jpg

Love treating 3rd and 4 as 2 down territory around midfield. We’ve come a long way from QB sneaking 3 times in a row to set up a punt.

Not a fan of Jackson returning punts. Too important to the defense.

Just got hurt because some big clutz torpedoed into him at 100 mph when he was already on the ground.

This game is really pissing me off.
After the years you and I have watched this team, how can we possibly expect anything else?

What did I say last week. You keep waiting for them to screw something up.

After the years you and I have watched this team, how can we possibly expect anything else?

What did I say last week. You keep waiting for them to screw something up.
Penalties have killed every one of our drives.

Way too many whistles and flags. Zero flow to the game. Jackson’s injury - which means he’ll almost surely be out for Dallas since we gotta play on Thursday. Not being able to run the ball on them.

Frustrating.

Defense getting absolutely punked on the ground in the red zone today. We look like Syracuse.

It's not particle physics. A team with the Giants' limited offensive capabilities can't play sloppy, undisciplined football.

It's not particle physics. A team with the Giants' limited offensive capabilities can't play sloppy, undisciplined football.
Robinson hurt now….SIGN BECKHAM!