Official 2022 New York Football Giants Return to Glory Thread | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Official 2022 New York Football Giants Return to Glory Thread

Jones and Barkley’s past injury history makes me want to sit them. We’re finally getting healthy, would love to stay that way into the playoffs.
Yeah, I think I’m with it. It’s the Eagles, you always want to beat the Eagles. But I don’t wanna jeopardize whatever our playoff outcome is With how hard this team fought this year.

Yeah, I think I’m with it. It’s the Eagles, you always want to beat the Eagles. But I don’t wanna jeopardize whatever our playoff outcome is With how hard this team fought this year.
the giants arent going anywhere in the playoffs so why not play your best, gain momentum, and look towards next year.

the giants arent going anywhere in the playoffs so why not play your best, gain momentum, and look towards next year.
I'm glad Daboll, etc don't agree with you. You do know six wild card teams have won the Super Bowl, including the 2007 NY Giants.

You’re right. I think moving forward they are on the right path and if they made some noise this year that sets up next year nicely.
Agreed, big picture wise - the fact we’re in the playoffs with the cap situation being what it is, is pretty incredible. A huge testament to the coaching staff.

That said, Barkley, Jones, and Lawrence are playing top notch football and we’re as healthy as we’ve been all year…..so I really want to take advantage and make a run. In 2016, I never would’ve imagine that would be a one year thing - thought we at least had the defense to be good the next year too. You just never know.

That said, that 2007 finale against NE is often cited and credited for helping the Giants be able to beat them in the SB.

Agreed, big picture wise - the fact we’re in the playoffs with the cap situation being what it is, is pretty incredible. A huge testament to the coaching staff.

That said, Barkley, Jones, and Lawrence are playing top notch football and we’re as healthy as we’ve been all year…..so I really want to take advantage and make a run. In 2016, I never would’ve imagine that would be a one year thing - thought we at least had the defense to be good the next year too. You just never know.

That said, that 2007 finale against NE is often cited and credited for helping the Giants be able to beat them in the SB.
That season finale 2007 game vs New England gave them all the confidence in the world even though they didn't win it. Since it's possible that we may see the Iggles again, that alone is the reason not to roll over.

Also, don't forget the impact that Thibodeaux has made as well. That can go a long way.

i beg to differ. There isnt a great team in the NFC this season

That season finale 2007 game vs New England gave them all the confidence in the world even though they didn't win it. Since it's possible that we may see the Iggles again, that alone is the reason not to roll over.

Also, don't forget the impact that Thibodeaux has made as well. That can go a long way.
Very true. Thibs looks like he is on a whole different level now than he was even a month or so ago.

Getting Jackson and McKinney back….I’m hoping our defense morphs into a playoff monster like it did in 2011.

i beg to differ. There isnt a great team in the NFC this season
Agreed! Eagles may have peaked too soon. Niners are good but….QB? Vikings we should’ve beaten two weeks ago. They got all the breaks and still needed a miracle FG.

You won’t see many people say this, but, props to Kenny Golladay. All of the negative aside (terrible investment, injuries, not productive, etc.) he accepted his role this year.

Showed up everyday and worked. Put his ego aside, which is more rare than ever. And he’s out here fighting with the 2nd unit.

Look, he’s gone after the season. And it’s for the best for all parties. But the guy acted like a professional regardless of what I’m sure is massive disappointment. I’m sure he’s not thrilled with how it worked out either.

Good on you Kenny.

You won’t see many people say this, but, props to Kenny Golladay. All of the negative aside (terrible investment, injuries, not productive, etc.) he accepted his role this year.

Showed up everyday and worked. Put his ego aside, which is more rare than ever. And he’s out here fighting with the 2nd unit.

Look, he’s gone after the season. And it’s for the best for all parties. But the guy acted like a professional regardless of what I’m sure is massive disappointment. I’m sure he’s not thrilled with how it worked out either.

Good on you Kenny.
And just made a great TD catch!

Great effort by our reserves. Played tough, stayed in the game, and forced Philly to play their starters the whole game.
Saw some guys play well too. Cager, Brightwell, Williams, even Kenny G! Confidence to the reserves.

Daboll made the right decision.

Now Evan Neal, let’s go bud!

If that Gollady TD & catch was Webb unleashing the Kraken for Jones in the playoffs, then hooo-haaa!!

1673293786802.gif

I don't think we could have picked a better round 1 opponent being the 6 seed.

I think we're going to win this game, truly.

This year is house money anyway, but I actually think we will beat the Vikes.