Official BG Game Thread!! | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Official BG Game Thread!!

That TD was all game planning, he knew he'd get that look. Great call.

Bowling Green colors are too much like Virginia Tech for me to really enjoy this.

This offense looks alot like the one George McDonald was in the process of installing when he was summarily dismissed.

Terrell Hunt was quoted as saying we didn't have the tools (players/talent) to run that offense.

It's obvious Syracuse will need a big upgrade in the skill positions to run this offense in the ACC. If you can't run the bubble or beat man to man coverage your in trouble in this hurry up spread.

Will be an interesting experiment if he comes to the Cuse. I do wish him luck but wonder how long it will take him.

My recollection was throwing bubble screens or any other quick throw to our receivers did not work so well. I hope new coach can somehow increase the speed of our receivers to match with ACC corners.

Because we always telegraphed the hell out of those plays.

So the miss on 4th and 2 at the 4 really didn't hurt them.

This offense looks alot like the one George McDonald was in the process of installing when he was summarily dismissed.

Terrell Hunt was quoted as saying we didn't have the tools (players/talent) to run that offense.

It's obvious Syracuse will need a big upgrade in the skill positions to run this offense in the ACC. If you can't run the bubble or beat man to man coverage your in trouble in this hurry up spread.

Will be an interesting experiment if he comes to the Cuse. I do wish him luck but wonder how long it will take him.
Do you honestly feel BG has better athletes than us? #1 would be better than any of our wideouts but that's it.

From what I've seen this is better than George's offense.. And he's (Babers) better at running it/ game planning it.

No disrespect to Hunt, but that doesn't really stand up to muster in the face of actual results around the CFB world.

1 1/2 seasons according to him.

From what I've seen this is better than George's offense.. And he's (Babers) better at running it/ game planning it.[/QUOTE

This offense takes far more deep shots. They are just taking what they give them now. Hence the bubbles, and unlike McDonald they are taking what they give them, not shoveling the bubbles down your throat when they're not there. If they were covering the short stuff, they would be going long. The offense is actually pretty simple.

I feel like Johnson is half the QB Dungey is. Remember Dungey was a true freshman. If he can avoid anymore concussions he can be special in this offense.

Oh Lord

We haven't even seen the big spread plays yet. They are just running it down their throat.

I feel like Johnson is half the QB Dungey is. Remember Dungey was a true freshman. If he can avoid anymore concussions he can be special in this offense.
You are seeing Johnson at his worst. Wait till the second half.

Would you wear a Rutgers jersey to an SU game to guarantee we get Babers?

No, my skin would melt off. Or get really, really greasy.

We haven't even seen the big spread plays yet. They are just running it down their throat.

That's the beauty of this offense... Fredericks has the chance to be a beast in this system and then when he wants to open it up, he can do it in a matter of 12-15 seconds between plays. The conditioning of the players will have to be elite.

Yeah wait till the defense is gassed. This is just the warm up. BG is a 2nd half team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom