OFFICIAL: Chris McCullough has a torn ACL | Syracusefan.com

OFFICIAL: Chris McCullough has a torn ACL

I'm sorry but whose your source? Not going to believe it till I personally hear it from Chris McCullough. Hulk Kid In all seriousness this is horrible news for CM and for the team.

Not advocating injuries here, but this may actually work out for SU and Chris in the long run.

Let's face it, SU ain't winning the national championship this year. This gives Chris a year to work on his upper body strength and HOPEFULLY come back and play for his sophomore year.

he'll get the medical attention he needs to come back from this - hope he gets plenty of emotional support too from the community and his friends
Hang in there kid - a (big) bump in the road to your future, but a bump you can get over

Syracuse Basketball ‏@Cuse_MBB 2 minutes ago
Freshman forward Chris McCullough has a torn ACL in his right knee and will miss the remainder of the season, per SU Coach Jim Boeheim.

:(
dislike.gif

Gonna be one interesting year next year when we could have 7 "new" bodies to work into the team assuming up to 5 frosh and hopefully a fully healthy CMAC and DC.

No surprise, actually only surprise is that it was only the ACL, too bad for Chris.

Just out of curiosity, and this is for the medical professionals who play here as well, is there any chance that they might find other issues once they get inside during the surgery? Obviously I hope not, just wondering if there is any chance.

I feel for CMc. I went through the rehab for ACL and it is a long tough journey. Wish him a speedy and successful rehab. 30 years ago this used to be a career ending injury. Now almost all athletes recover well from the surgery and 98% are as good as new if you give it proper time to heal and rehab and not rush back before the leg strength is 100% regained. It will very interesting now to see how the schollie for Bryant is handled. Someone has to leave to make room, assuming CMc will now be back next season.

Heal up and then seize the day!

Stupid question but will his medical needs be fully covered as a D-1 athlete?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom