Official LSU Game Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Official LSU Game Thread

Crazy that Fournette is averaging over 11 yards a carry, we're passing the ball well enough and we have 11.7 yards to go on average for 3rd down. Penalties just killing us right now.

Enjoying your D, we'll clearly need to tighten up to win this game in the second half.

He's averaging that because of one big broken play. That's it.

Wuerfel is reliving his PTSD from 1991 (aka the last time UF had the cojones to travel above the Mason Dixon for an out of conference game).

38-21. Eat it, Danny
Pretty sure that Florida team had Shane Matthews.

I was yelled at by a s u fan for standing during the game four rows from the field... I have been here four straight weeks mind you... He yelled what can you hear... At the next time out I yelled if I want or f*****++ stand I will and cheer for me team... And no I can hear you guy behind me... The section lost it and cheered ... Then I informed him there were ushers to talk to if fan were too interested in the game..,.. He was yelling obscenities ... No idea what he said

Most of Fournette's rushing yards came from that broken play so I am pretty happy with how the defense contained him for most the game.

There was a pass play in the second where our interior defensive linemen blew up the very good LSU interior line. I love to see that.

It's unfortunate Thompson wasn't aware of the fact he made an even more impressive play than he did by stripping the ball but you've got to love getting a sack while only bringing three.

Antwan Cordy had the best half of his career, thus far, in the first. He had the 11 yard sack on a crucial drive, he blew up Dupre to force the ball out on a 3rd and 15 pass (which was actually a great pass by Harris), and then he stopped Fournette on the 3rd down play where Fournette looked like he could have gotten the first down on the screen.

Cole Murphy missing that kick is a heartbreaker. 7-6 would have been awesome to have at half and would have kept the momentum going into half. That said, if you asked me if I would have been willing to take a 7-3 score at half, I would have absolutely taken it.

GO CUSE! KEEP IT GOING!

Anyone drop by tigerdroppings.com? It's a meltdown already. lol.

Does this game have the general feel of our 1999 game vs. Michigan to anyone else? (minus Mahoney scrambling backwards 20 yards)

I was yelled at by a s u fan for standing during the game four rows from the field... I have been here four straight weeks mind you... He yelled what can you hear... At the next time out I yelled if I want or f*****++ stand I will and cheer for me team... And no I can hear you guy behind me... The section lost it and cheered ... Then I informed him there were ushers to talk to if fan were too interested in the game..,.. He was yelling obscenities ... No idea what he said
Love it, dude! All in, or Adios, right? :bat:

Anyone else thinking of giving Wilson a shot?
naww not right now. Wilson kind of sucks. No offense but against CMU that was pretty bad

Think about it... The guy was jumped over by a freshman and a walk-on.

Nope. He turns it over waaaaay too often, from what I can tell.

But right now Mahoney isn't throwing the ball well at all, if we are going to have any chance to pull off the upset, we are going to have to hit a few big plays in the passing game.

I know we missed that FG, but having possession the entire end of the quarter and keeping it away from their offense was still big
Yeah, that was huge for the defense.

That's the type of dork that doesn't know how to act because he probably goes to 1 game every 5 years.

Love it, dude! All in, or Adios, right? :bat:
Agreed. It's time too take the dome back. What a difference here when it's packed. What an effect the crowd has on the team...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom