Official SU / Texas Southern game thread | Syracusefan.com

Official SU / Texas Southern game thread

We can't hit the broadside of a freaking barn. Stop shooting 3's and take the ball to the rim!

Oh, I know... Let's put in Joseph for the last defensive possession!! We do weird stuff. Lol

Honestly, I love Howard's game and he needs more extended run like he has gotten today. He is our best passer and he attacks the rim when he gets a chance. I like G in the back of the zone too. More Howard please and less Cooney and Richardson.

Honestly, I love Howard's game and he needs more extended run like he has gotten today. He is our best passer and he attacks the rim when he gets a chance. I like G in the back of the zone too. More Howard please and less Cooney and Richardson.
Cooney has played pretty well the last few games.

We are going to get stomped a few times in conference play.

Was TR still on Winter Break...geesh. This guy is like Sybil you never know who is going to show up.

Good game by the Orange. DC looked good. Cooney hit a very deep three, both my sons-in-law were gawking! Room for improvement but JB will be back and have the team ready for the big games.

Good game by the Orange. DC looked good. Cooney hit a very deep three, both my sons-in-law were gawking! Room for improvement but JB will be back and have the team ready for the big games.

We beat a 1-10 team who are one of the worst in D1 by 13. How does that compute to a good game?

It's like saying I've been married on for 10 years but got cheated on 20 times, but still married.

We beat a 1-10 team who are one of the worst in D1 by 13. How does that compute to a good game?

It's like saying I've been married on for 10 years but got cheated on 20 times, but still married.
Syracuse win= good game. Sorry you cannot enjoy a victory.

I get your point but maybe I just enjoyed it more as my daughter and her husband were in town to watch it with me. Who cares? Syracuse won.

Yes, let's move the ACC steals leader and bench the #2 guy.

not gonna try and say they're good, but Tex Sthrn is better than the last 4 teams we played, their record notwithstanding - Vegas knows that too which was why the line was only 16.5... but, no, we didn't play particularly well (G, Roberson, Lydon were pretty much going through the motions most of the game) but I did like what DC and TC did today...
(and we did have about 7-8 threes rim out, as well)

Lax, disinterested defense pretty much the whole game (except for some nice steals)... now we play for keeps
If we play defense like this in ACC games we aren't winning. The interior d is poor and the guards at the top of the zone consistently allow opposing shooters 4 feet of space to shoot uncontested 3 point shots. Been that way for several games now. Allowed a bad team to shoot 51% overall and 42% from the arc. A win is a win but this type of play won't beat ACC competition. Hope we can pick up the level of play like in Atlantis.

Lax, disinterested defense pretty much the whole game (except for some nice steals)... now we play for keeps
That is what I was thinking for a good part of the game. Seems our effort and intensity was geared to win the game by at least ten and that was about it. If all we do is play to the level of the competition then we will be good in ACC play :rolling:

Man, I can't wait for Wednesday's game. It will say a lot about where we are headed, be it good or bad.

That is what I was thinking for a good part of the game. Seems our effort and intensity was geared to win the game by at least ten and that was about it. If all we do is play to the level of the competition then we will be good in ACC play :rolling:

Man, I can't wait for Wednesday's game. It will say a lot about where we are headed, be it good or bad.
The team did not play well defensively today and that will be Hop's focus going forward. And after observing these games from home, JB will surely make some major adjustments to the zone when he returns.

The Pittsburgh game will be a good test, especially for the young players getting their first taste of playing in a hostile environment like that one. Frankly, I'm not sure what to expect, but good performance or bad, I won't be drawing any conclusions about this team just yet.

The team did not play well defensively today and that will be Hop's focus going forward. And after observing these games from home, JB will surely make some major adjustments to the zone when he returns.

The Pittsburgh game will be a good test, especially for the young players getting their first taste of playing in a hostile environment like that one. Frankly, I'm not sure what to expect, but good performance or bad, I won't be drawing any conclusions about this team just yet.
Hate to break it to you but no magical adjustments will fix this zone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom